• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BLOB'S QUICKEE $100 BOOK SALE - GA BATMAN 72 74 ACTION 189 ASM 47 50

24 posts in this topic

Hey blob, my apologies – no big deal at all, I tend to talk too much…

What I meant is what may be perceived as "thread krapping" on one side would just turn good for the sale on the other, and I think ironman proved me right: it’s a cool copy, you stated the defects since the beginning, it’s a good buy, no fuss.

You’re probably right on the cultural differences: I realize many US collectors sell comics when they are in need, so once again apologies for somewhat derailing your sales thread… :foryou:

Hi blob,

from what I have learned, independently of the beauty of a book, a popped staple usually does not allow more than a VG range, so 4.5 at best. I believe this goes for both CGC and Overstreet grading rules. I don’t recall how high you can go with a completely detached cover.

A popped staple in the centerfold allows a F range grade, about 6.0.

Stating a X.X grade "Qualified" is another way, but personally I am very annoyed by popped staples, as I don’t feel comfortable in handling the book, with the fear the cover could come off completely.

But of course there is no problem as the defect is clearly stated. :)

I have a CGC graded book that has a staple pulled through the cover that is a 7.0. Book is otherwise 9.0. There is NO hard and fast rule.

cool books BTW