• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED -- thanks to everyone who bought books

28 posts in this topic

Thread closed, leftovers will show up at a later time in a new thread. Thanks!

I had a good day at local Hastings yesterday, and am happy to pass some of that good fortune along.

Starting the thread off with a few goodies, with at least Sixth Gun #1-2 (and maybe a few more early numbers) later on. Will also try for some Panzerfaust #9s, so we'll see how I do.

:takeit: in the thread is king. PMed offers welcome, but if someone buys in the thread the stuff is theirs.

Shipping in the US is $5.50 via a flat rate priority envelope, well protected, but can also ship in a box for $7.00. International is fine, but buyer will pay exact cost to their location via a trackable method.

Paypal, checks, MOs ok. International must pay via Paypal. Returns also ok on raw books, return shipping is on the buyer, but I will refund return shipping if I made a significant error someplace.

Peter Panzerfaust #3 - NM 9.4 -- asking $17 $15 SOLD

Very tight book, looks like a 9.6 from the front but there are a few more spine ticks that show up on the back. Easily 9.2/9.4, I think 9.4. With a press it could do a bit better maybe.

PP03.jpg

PP03bc.jpg

Iron Man #1 Hastings Variant - NM+ -- asking $8 $7 + shipping (cost is $6)

Cool cover, looks like it would have a shot at 9.8 but easily 9.6. Best way to get a high grade copy if you want one, and for not much over cost.

IronMan01var.jpg

IronMan01varbc.jpg

I'll put up this copy of Sixth Gun #2 to get them rolling. This was a spare I found. Nice copy except for the upper right corner having a significant ding. Likely 9.4/9.6 without the corner issue, 8.0 in its current state, and maybe 9.0 with a press (mostly non-color breaking bending but some slight color breaks).

Selling consistently in the $20 range on eBay for "eBay NM" so I'll ask $8 $6 + shipping for this entry level copy.

SixthGun02vf.jpg

SixthGun02vfbc.jpg

Peter Panzerfaust #9 - 9.6ish -- asking SOLD via PM

Beautiful copy. Has a few non color breaking spine ticks. What looks like a spine tick near the bottom staple is a small printers mark. Scan is of actual book (as are all of my scans above).

PP09.jpg

PP09bc.jpg

Saga #7-9 all NM+ -- asking $20 + shipping for the lot.

Great books, just a tiny spine tick on each one. Back cover scans available if desired. The mark on the spine of #9 under the tentacle/leg is a small white printer mark, not a spine tick.

Saga07.jpg

Saga08.jpg

Saga09.jpg

Sixth Gun #1-4 and #8-9 (6 total books) -- asking SOLD in a box, not an envelope.

Nice group of books that grade out as follows:

#1 - 9.4 with spine stress and a light ding to the upper right corner of FC. A press would help the spine stress but some are color breaking.

#2 - 9.2-9.4 with spine stress as the primary defect, again, a press would improve the stress but some have color breaks

#3 - 9.4-9.6 with lighter spine issues than the #1-2. A press would help these.

#4 - 9.4 with spine stress, minor color breaks

#8 - 9.0-9.2 as is with some spine stress and a light bend to the upper right corner of the book. That bend would easily press out, leading to a likely 9.4 and maybe better.

#9 - 9.2 conservatively with spine stress

It is my strong preference to sell these as a lot, as everyone seems to just want the #1. If these do not move then I will consider either breaking them up, or putting them in a box for a few days/weeks.

Scans of the actual books to follow.

Nightstalkers #10 - NM+ -- $5 apiece + shipping (2 copies) Take them both for $12 shipped.

Can be used as blank covers for sketches if you would like, though there is a slight texture to the cover due to the way it was originally printed. Both copies are 9.6/9.8 quality.

Nightstalkers10.jpg