• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'M A COLLECTOR IN MY SOUL, NOT A SELLER!

28 posts in this topic

@Batko: Or, as an alternative to have CGC graded something you wish to sell, I do think that by selling them here you earn the buyer’s confidence, as many people are suspectful to spend considerable money on eBay, while here you build your reputation and it’s more like selling comics between friends and dealers in person.

Your advice is great and I've been following it even before you gave it! : (worship)

I have 5 really nice issues of my doubles of Warren "Creepy" and "Eerie" up for sale in the "Mixed Age Threads and Miscellaneous" selling section. They've been up for a couple of days, still on the first page, with over 100 views. Unfortunately, no inquiries or offers.

Granted, I could not get the photos to post on the ad. Too many KBs! However, I wrote that photos would be sent upon request by a PM on the Boards or a note to my personal email Minnesotaguy2001@yahoo.com

They are really nice magazines. If I could have posted big pics and they could see how nice, maybe someone would have responded. Be that as it may, it looks like the same situation on the Boards as on eBay for me. The only thing is thatI can't ask for 99 cents here and get more, because it's not an auction situation.

I guess I'M JUST A COLLECTOR IN MY SOUL, NOT A SELLER! :headbang:

- Mike

I started the magazine at 99 CENTS! Below is a photo of the result 7 days later. I think that they are all crazy on eBay!!!

It is not clear to me whether you think the sale price is higher than expected or lower than expected. (I was watching your auction thinking it was your best copy, and thought you were probably disappointed by this result. But did I have it backwards?)

@Batko: Believe me, pictures are all that makes the difference. :)

In the few sales I have done here on the boards I have always tried to provide the best pictures, so people know what they are getting.

Also, if you provide a high BIN price, nothing in the forum rules prevents you to start a sales thread in auction style. Maybe you can provide, say, a high BIN price, a reserve price if you don’t wish to sell lower than a certain amount, and then people can bid.

Also, if you have problems in using image hosts server, just tell me and I will try to explain simply how to do so.

I have just started to use imgur, and I think it is great.

See my post in this thread with complaints with the new Photobucket interface:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6458056#Post6458056

I started the magazine at 99 CENTS! Below is a photo of the result 7 days later. I think that they are all crazy on eBay!!!

It is not clear to me whether you think the sale price is higher than expected or lower than expected. (I was watching your auction thinking it was your best copy, and thought you were probably disappointed by this result. But did I have it backwards?)

The FM 7 that I sold was my worse copy around 7.5-8.0. I decided to keep the "gem." I still was a little disappointed in the price. I was hoping to get between $225-$250 for that one. I only got $197.50 Not a disaster, but it could have been better.

If you look at the FM 7s they have up there right now the winning bidder got a damn good bargain. A couple of the FM 7s that have popped up on eBay since last week are graded/slabbed CGC 6.0 and 5.5 and can't compare to my lesser FM 7 (but are going for much higher prices!).

- Mike

P.S. I'm not really upset about not getting more for that FM 7 since one of the CGC board members won it (Buntboy here, aka Wonderful Wally on eBay). So, it's kind of all in the family. And, it wasn't the "gem." He won a couple of other FMs from me on eBay a month or so ago and will testify that my material is not c_rap and I don't try to gyp anyone.

Also, if you have problems in using image hosts server, just tell me and I will try to explain simply how to do so.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6458056#Post6458056

I just joined imgur and downloaded 4 photos of Creepy #61. They are in there, but now what do I do? How do I post them in my ad on the Boards or elsewhere, for that matter? I know this sounds dumb, but I don't have clue as to what to do next.

Mike

I just joined imgur and downloaded 4 photos of Creepy #61. They are in there, but now what do I do? How do I post them in my ad on the Boards or elsewhere, for that matter? I know this sounds dumb, but I don't have clue as to what to do next.

Mike

I can't believe it! I actually figured out how to use that imgur!! I'm still a bit shakey and get a little confused, but check out my 5 posts in the Mixed Age Thread and Miscellaneous. I actually have four photos in each post.

I'm going to leave them up for a few days. There's no rush to put the mags on eBay. That's always and option!

WOW! Thanks for the advice!

- Mike