• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine 1 crisp white pages if not mint 10 then why please

21 posts in this topic

Forget ever thinking that you will see a 9.9 or 10.0 in-hand, unless you get first crack at an unopened case at a convention. That would be my first bit of advice. Second, 9.8s take practice to find, and the best way is to look at slabbed 9.8s for reference, as well as 9.6s (don't bother looking at 9.2-9.4s, those are easier to see why they are not 9.8s). The more you look, the better you will get at recognizing what makes a 9.8.

My first sub, I put three 9.8 candidates in, got one back. After I studied my rejects and non-rejects I already had in my collection, I subbed again about 8 months later with 16 9.8 candidates, got 15 back.

It's like anything in life - it takes practice.

+1

grab your self a few more copies of this book and compare with one another. if you are new to grading, seeing multiple copies of the same book really helps with identifying how to point of flaws. i like to think i have been getting better in grading because i look at a lot of books,