• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BUY-SELL-HOLD

383 posts in this topic

buy/hold

To me YTLM is one of those classic modern books every collector should try to own. I've got my full run. Even if you're a TPB reader, get a #1 to go with the rest in trades. Have at least one in your collection because it's a great comic.

As for speculation. Currently, there's no hype due to a movie or TV show, so it's time to buy. It's constantly talked about getting the Hollywood treatment so it will eventually happen. So there is a possible upside down the road. 2c

I can see both working. TV has a way of 'cheesing'' up a series - depends on the network

either would be worth watching, no doubt about it.

but a TV Show would be a once a week viewing (for free, mind you) of 99.9% women.

^^ SOLD!

lol I'd have to DVR it and watch it after the wifey goes to sleep.

I can see both working. TV has a way of 'cheesing'' up a series - depends on the network

either would be worth watching, no doubt about it.

but a TV Show would be a once a week viewing (for free, mind you) of 99.9% women.

^^ SOLD!

lol I'd have to DVR it and watch it after the wifey goes to sleep.

lol

24 hours per book. See first post

After 24 on the dot anyone can nominate one new book and it goes for 24 hours.(Check the time when I posted Y last night I dont remember.) You get in first you get the book for one day and so on.

Nice discussion so far. Its working out well.

Should be 7 books a week.

Walking Dead 1 9.8...buy...hold..

Saga 1 RRP 9.8...buy..hold...

Everything else...Sell.....

Any further questions ? meh

I think Walking Dead will still have room to grow. Maybe not leaps and bounds, but certainly upwards. People that don't even read or collects comics want this book. The Compendium One & Two are in top 3/4 of Amazon's Top 100 Books....Not just top graphic novels. I had a conversation with a friend who hadn't read the WD series. Although a big comic fan, he's an original art guy. He bought the trades on his IPad and now he's gotten his sister in it, coworkers, his wife...and these are not comic book people. There is everything from toys, games, and merchandise of all kinds. It's unlike anything comic book wise that I've ever seen. It has the potential to be in pop culture for a very long time.

The Saga RRP will prove to be a solid series that definitely have cross over appeal to mainstream and the female audience. As we all know, females are generally a small part of the population. Add in the fact that BKV plans on running this series for a lengthy period of time,this can only increase the amount of readers. The RRP was limited to 500 (approx) thus not having supply to meet demand.

Now we have this heightened sense of speculation.

This is just my opinion and Jeff or anyone else is welcome to disagree.

I think 24 hours is too long to discuss one comic.

Thats what Moderns Heating up Thread should be in my opinion. This one is more about what do with a book in a period of time in my opinion. You want to make a decision in less then 24 hours go there.

This thread is about giving you information to make an informed purchase, sale, or talk you out of selling a book that you will regret later. 24 hours gives everyone a chance to chime in. Cant please everyone. Personally I cant wait till get to some of the conflict books where some people dont like a book for various reasons. Y was a pretty easy first pick.