• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet Oversights

23 posts in this topic

All this talk about this book started this age and this book started that age. I grew up buying comics before any ages were being talked about. I say do away with all these age categories. They were not needed back then and they certainly are not needed now. You want to categorize comics do it by decades. Whoever started separating comics by golden age, silver age are insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. They just were trying to come up with something fancy to say. Instead of saying Oh I got a comic from the 40's or I got a comic from the 50's. Whipty-doo I got comics from the 40's and 50's sounds a lot better to me. rantrant

:applause:

Someone should put those comments about decades IN Overstreet.

Maybe in the dealer/collector reports section of the 2012 edition.

Maybe in the report written by some guy named "Greg Holland".

:shy:

hm

All this talk about this book started this age and this book started that age. I grew up buying comics before any ages were being talked about. I say do away with all these age categories. They were not needed back then and they certainly are not needed now. You want to categorize comics do it by decades. Whoever started separating comics by golden age, silver age are insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. They just were trying to come up with something fancy to say. Instead of saying Oh I got a comic from the 40's or I got a comic from the 50's. Whipty-doo I got comics from the 40's and 50's sounds a lot better to me. rantrant

:applause:

Someone should put those comments about decades IN Overstreet.

Maybe in the dealer/collector reports section of the 2012 edition.

Maybe in the report written by some guy named "Greg Holland".

:shy:

hm

Maybe page 104. (: