• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My ebay story - and a buyer to block

122 posts in this topic

They have something called Global Shipping Program. However it doesn't handle domestic mailing in the U.S.

Anybody use this? How does it work? eBay's main pages about it do not give much information about costs, how it works, etc. (Or maybe I didn't dig deep enough.)

Don't. do. it.

Ebay's forums are filled with threads of anger and frustration about the GSP. I've read multiple times that those who opted in to the GSP are not allowed to get out. That's right. According to the ToS (which no one read), Ebay will not allow a seller out of the program. I read where many sellers had to edit thousands of their listings one by one to remove the GSP option. :pullhair:

I agree with this. The red flag for me was a line in the initial disclosure that said the service doesn't guarantee the shipping cost will be what they quote, and that any overages (which you can't affect) are borne by the buyer. Seems like bunk to me.

I just wanted to say THANKS to the OP for sharing the great news!!!

I am a sketch-card artist (Rittenhouse Marvel sets mostly) and listed a Captain America original card I painted. This clown bid and won, paid and then claimed that the card never arrived (my mistake to not use tracking on his order, something he exploited). During the dispute I informed eBay I would gladly refund once he returned the card or would draw him up a new one. He denied a replacement (since he had the original in his hand) and got his refund. During the dispute I researched and emailed all the users he had left a negative reply on and they all had HORROR stories to share on this seller and a LOT of grief on their part due to his abuses. I'm glad that I learned to ALWAYS include tracking. I imagine he did REAL harm to collectors of rare items and am glad his account, with such a long history of feedback, was NARU'd but I feel he may be workings through another account and setting up for more shenanigans. Well, I hope we can reveal him so we can at least block him.

Happy sales, safe trades and wise collecting to all!

Javier

Oh, by the way, add this DEADBEAT to your block list if you ever sell anything Star Wars.. two unpaid cards and repeat bidding with two different accounts to avoid being blocked.

Real Name Leo Maschek in Norcross Georgia

Accounts:

ratsnest19;brighthope97