• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some Overlooked Marvel Keys and Semi-keys?

24 posts in this topic

Rawhide Kid #17 and, to a lesser degree, Two-Gun Kid #60 (really almost all the Kirby westerns).

Strange Tales annual #2 and Fantastic Four annual #1 (very early Spidey apps. that seem to get overlooked)

Definately agree with the ST Ann #2.

The westerns, well, I think the folks that collect westerns for the most part are beyond their collecting years, and I don't see this genre having enough fans to sustain it.

I do recall, back around 1993/4, Rawhide Kid 17 made a bit of a run up in value, but it quickly cooled and lost its momentum.

Agree on the Westerns. I collect a few western titles here and there, but it's not really a tough market to buy in. I really think there's some good value out there :)

Fantastic Four 13 - First Watcher. I'm shocked you can pick up a mid grade for $200-$300

Thor 165 - (First Adam Warlock). With Thanos making the rounds in at least 2 movies Adam HAS to show up. The fact that you can get this scarce book for 300 in a High grade is ridiculous. It's also the best Cover in the entire Thor run.

Fantastic Four 67 - First HIM(Adam Warlock Cameo). I'd get this one if you can't locate the harder to find Thor 165.

Avengers 54 and 55 - I don't know how CGC missed this, but Avengers 54 is really the first Appearance of Ultron. While he only shows his face in 1 panel, he has speaking parts throughout the book, and mastermind the entire story arch. This is at the very least a "cameo", but I don't see that on the CGC label.

DD1 and ST110 routinely receive mention. What are some others.

If the Doctor Strange love continues, look for Strange Tales #115 to go along for the ride. It's the first origin of Doc, and tied with ASM #7 as the tenth appearance of Spider-Man!

I have the impression these threads, useful as they may be, they have only the effect to gather attention on certain books and increase their prices… lol

So I will say the less attention-gathering of all, of which there are plenty and hopefully no one will think about the others: Fantastic Four #30, first appearance of Diablo, which is a major FF villain, and it has been used twice to refresh the title by new writer/artists (once by Byrne, once by Pacheco).