• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED and thanks to those who bought from me.

57 posts in this topic

the next 5 books im thinking of sending in to be graded, and i dont send in anything that wont come back at least a 9.0 and with pressing all of these are potential 9.6's to 9.8's

anyone who has bought from me in the past can take 20 percent off any books in this thread.

Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. 5, great pressing candidate, if there was one book that i was thinking hard about keeping it's this one. $800, yeah i dont care if i keep this one in myself, last 9.8 copy sold was 2750 and with this hard white cover, ill press this one and send her in. but if you want it $800 $500 is the price.

nfaos_zpsa8baaef2.jpg

I'd have to agree. I have the same issue and someone told me I need to tinker with the scanner settings. It was over my head but hopefully someone can help. The scans definetely make the books looks scratched up or something.

I need a new scanner, this one is not doing these books justice. :frustrated:

Besides the scanner’s quality, it seems also a problem of compression, so I’d suggest if possible to save in TIFF and then re-save the image compressed in Photoshop (I am just supposing you scanned it from within some custom software).

Also, I would recommend imgur instead of Photobucket, and my suggestion would also be to scan at 300 or 400ppi. imgur will make the rest, and provides a nice large web version of the image. See this example:

http://i.imgur.com/Iow3Bc0.jpg

If one has to judge a costly NM/M book like the Shield you just offered (why #5 is so costly, BTW? – just curious, I don’t have the Overstreet guide), it‘s better to give him big pictures to judge.

I'd have to agree. I have the same issue and someone told me I need to tinker with the scanner settings. It was over my head but hopefully someone can help. The scans definetely make the books looks scratched up or something.
It's making some of them look like they have distributor ink.

I need a new scanner, this one is not doing these books justice. :frustrated:

Besides the scanner’s quality, it seems also a problem of compression, so I’d suggest if possible to save in TIFF and then re-save the image compressed in Photoshop (I am just supposing you scanned it from within some custom software).

Also, I would recommend imgur instead of Photobucket, and my suggestion would also be to scan at 300 or 400ppi. imgur will make the rest, and provides a nice large web version of the image. See this example:

http://i.imgur.com/Iow3Bc0.jpg

If one has to judge a costly NM/M book like the Shield you just offered (why #5 is so costly, BTW? – just curious, I don’t have the Overstreet guide), it‘s better to give him big pictures to judge.

ill try imgur, but all the scans i have are at 75 ppi cause photobucket is screwin up my puter and locking it up, but if anyone wants good scans right now, just PM me. they look good on the scans saved on my puter (thumbs u