• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advice on Transferring a Registry Number

5 posts in this topic

Help

My assumption had been that if you are trying to switch a registry number from one member to yourself that CGC will send that user an email and if there is no response within a couple of days the comic will automatically be transferred. I've been waiting about a week for Captain Marvel Adventures #127 to transfer with no response as yet. How long does CGC wait if no response comes back? Does CGC send a message if the member denies that transfer? I could certainly prove that I own the comic. I could, for instance, post a video on YouTube showing me with the comic.

Any advice is much appreciated.

See more journals by David Swan

It takes a while for the "no response" transfer to take place. It is more like 10 days as opposed to a couple days. Plus there is always the possibility that the person tries to block the transfer. You should get contact this week. Good luck.

Glad it transfered! Just for future reference, I had one that didn't get transfered after three weeks. I sent an email to CGC, and Gemma got back to me. She said to take a photo of the comic next to my driver's license or a bill or something "official" with my name/address on it. Once I sent that, she transfered it within minutes.