• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 129 cgc 9.0 how much?

56 posts in this topic

hehe, i was quite scared boo.gif after asking my first opinion on prices and not general stuff, and was given somewhat an unfriendly (not flame, because apparently i'll know it when he does flame 893scratchchin-thumb.gif) respnose from FFB... from that i was gonna stop asking price questions in all...

But after you guys i realised i shouldn't let one person spoil the whole group, thanks a lot guys, if i need help / advice i'll know where to come next. i'll make sure to keep GPA out of my posts, as some ppl value their GPA secrets a hell of a lot! thumbsup2.gif

Arnold, if you want to call me out and start an argument, you're doing a great job. My initial response to you was not unfriendly. I was very careful not to be rude in my response, although you apparently took my suggestion that you get a GPA subscription as a "flame," which is wasn't. Maybe you oughtta just drop it? Your passive aggressive whining is not going to get you anywhere.

I took your post to be rude, not JC rude, yet rude enough.

As a wise man once said "If you can't emoticon something nice, then don't emoticon at all."

Have a nice day! flowerred.gif

Coming from you, Rick, I'll take that as a compliment! acclaim.gif

hehe, i was quite scared boo.gif after asking my first opinion on prices and not general stuff, and was given somewhat an unfriendly (not flame, because apparently i'll know it when he does flame 893scratchchin-thumb.gif) respnose from FFB... from that i was gonna stop asking price questions in all...

But after you guys i realised i shouldn't let one person spoil the whole group, thanks a lot guys, if i need help / advice i'll know where to come next. i'll make sure to keep GPA out of my posts, as some ppl value their GPA secrets a hell of a lot! thumbsup2.gif

Arnold, if you want to call me out and start an argument, you're doing a great job. My initial response to you was not unfriendly. I was very careful not to be rude in my response, although you apparently took my suggestion that you get a GPA subscription as a "flame," which is wasn't. Maybe you oughtta just drop it? Your passive aggressive whining is not going to get you anywhere.

i was just a bit upset that stereotyped me as some1 who would ask for GPA prices just because im a noob to these boards, hell u said it urself, u didnt read some of my posts fully, u just asumed that i was asking for GPA price! im sorry if i have been rude too, im willing to put this behind us and start over 893applaud-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif

As a wise man once said "If you can't emoticon something nice, then don't emoticon at all."

I can tell you what to do with it. devil.gif

27_laughing.gif You are in rare form today. flowerred.gif

27_laughing.gif You are in rare form today. flowerred.gif

I actually prefer over-easy, but that's a topic for another thread. cloud9.gif

lol, we r so off topic it's gotten to a point where the topic has just gave up and ran away to a random post on a pop-music forum which is CLOSER to this topic then this thread 893scratchchin-thumb.gif dont worry, i make sense in my head, that all that matters! 893whatthe.gif

Exactly thumbsup2.gif

Altho I don't collect DC's (shudder) just kidding guys! most of the stuff I buy these days is DC...

I agree... going to a fellow forum member and pumping(?) them for info is almost as good or better than any guide. There are a lot of people like OldGuy who are willing to help out. gossip.gif

I am happy to help people out. Hell, I do it constantly.

I read his second question about the second book as another request for GPA info. If it wasn't a request for GPA info, then nevermind. But that's how I read it. And I didn't jump on him either -- I just suggested that he get a subscription if he wanted GPA info.

Don't worry.. you are one of the nice guys. thumbsup2.gif

Okay, I'm a noobie too. I am tryin' to find any information available about how to get my silver age comics graded. Pricing doesn't matter because I can refer to the overstreet guide (is that the right approach?). I recently sold a couple SM's on ebay that I've had for over 30 years and am seeing after more research that I could've gotten much more if they were cgc graded. So, I've got hundreds more comics I'd like to sell, but I'm trying to find out the best way do go about it. Any advice?

Okay, I'm a noobie too. I am tryin' to find any information available about how to get my silver age comics graded. Pricing doesn't matter because I can refer to the overstreet guide (is that the right approach?). I recently sold a couple SM's on ebay that I've had for over 30 years and am seeing after more research that I could've gotten much more if they were cgc graded. So, I've got hundreds more comics I'd like to sell, but I'm trying to find out the best way do go about it. Any advice?

Join the Collector's Society. With membership you get 3 free submissions. Choose books

1. If you plan on selling them, books that you think will have the highest value.

2. If you plan on keeping them, books that you are very fond of.

Either way, examine the book before submitting, scan the front and back cover if possible. Make notes of any defects you find on the books. Send them in to be graded.

When you get the books back from CGC, compare your grading with CGC's. You may have to call to get graders notes to compare with your notes. Then you can determine market value of your books based upon comparable sales.

Before you do anything, you should get yourself a copy of the Overstreet Grading Guide. Familiarize yourself with grading standards. Unless you have key books, slabbing lower grades isn't worth it. High grade books will get you more slabbed.

Also, if you plan on getting your books graded, check out the "Grading and Restoration Forum" (right below this one on the Main Menu). Lots of threads there about grading and "Guess the Grade". Lots of scans and opinions from forum members on what they think the CGC grade may be, etc.....

Welcome to the Boards! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the advice. I've always been a big Jack Kirby fan. Do you think getting early issues of stuff like Kamandi, Omac, Fantasic Four 33-130, Sandman, etc. would be wise to get graded? I haven't seen many of these on ebay or other sites that have been graded. Is it a waste of money, or will the grading increase the price of the comics demand substantially? Can you point me to places that do the grading? I'm in the Denver area and would like to drive them to a local place, but I'm not sure if that's even an option.

Thanks for the advice. I've always been a big Jack Kirby fan. Do you think getting early issues of stuff like Kamandi, Omac, Fantasic Four 33-130, Sandman, etc. would be wise to get graded? I haven't seen many of these on ebay or other sites that have been graded. Is it a waste of money, or will the grading increase the price of the comics demand substantially? Can you point me to places that do the grading? I'm in the Denver area and would like to drive them to a local place, but I'm not sure if that's even an option.

I would only suggest CGC for grading, which are located in Sarasota, Florida. You need to mail your books in to them for grading. Check their site for packing instructions for your books.

Unless your books are graded at 9.2 or higher, depending on the book, they may not command much of a price premium. The only real books getting multiples of guide are those that are scarce or those that are very high grade. Of the books you mentioned the early FF's would be the best to slab. Kamandi, Omac, and Sandman are not worth the money to slab, unless in very high grade as I mentioned.

I would only suggest CGC for grading, which are located in Sarasota, Florida. You need to mail your books in to them for grading. Check their site for packing instructions for your books.

Who? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Who? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The hippie commune located in an area frequented by Hurricanes.