• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 129 cgc 9.0 how much?

56 posts in this topic

GPA is 378.18. That's got a million movie hype sales wrapped up into it. I'd want to pay a discount to that if it were my money. Of course, if it were my money it wouldn't be buying an ASM 129 at all.

hmm, i see, what about a fantastic four '40 at CGC9.2 for $450?

If you are buying books like that in high grade, you need to get GPAnalysis. It is cheap (only about $7 a month for the collector's subscription) and it'll save you tons of money by letting you know where you need to set your snipes to win books.

What you should not do is keep asking people who pay for the service to give you free information on a bunch of books. It isn't fair to GPA and it isn't fair to the people who pay for the service. If you need information like this on a semi-regular basis, you really should sign up. It'll be the best money you ever spent, aside from the money you spend on the comics themselves. You won't regret it.

news.gifI hear Bob Overstreet has a really good book for this sort of thing... thumbsup2.gif

That's just about what I'd want to pay. VF/NM guide is $287. Anything close to that would feel like a big enough discount to hype inspired prices.

If you are buying books like that in high grade, you need to get GPAnalysis. It is cheap (only about $7 a month for the collector's subscription) and it'll save you tons of money by letting you know where you need to set your snipes to win books.

What you should not do is keep asking people who pay for the service to give you free information on a bunch of books. It isn't fair to GPA and it isn't fair to the people who pay for the service. If you need information like this on a semi-regular basis, you really should sign up. It'll be the best money you ever spent, aside from the money you spend on the comics themselves. You won't regret it.

its not like i do it often, geeez, i asked advice on 1 or 2 books for the 1st time and i get flamed with me not wanting to pay GPA? the reason i dont want to pay is i prob wont even buy these books, i jist wanna get a feel for the prices, as im THINKING about getting into silver age marvels.

anyway, thanks for the rest who gave useful input thumbsup2.gif

its not like i do it often, geeez, i asked advice on 1 or 2 books for the 1st time and i get flamed with me not wanting to pay GPA? the reason i dont want to pay is i prob wont even buy these books, i jist wanna get a feel for the prices, as im THINKING about getting into silver age marvels.

That wasn't a flame. It was a polite suggestion rather than the asschewing you deserved for trying to freeload. If I flame you, you'll know it.

I doubt that FFB meant to 'flame you'. We (the forum) went thru this last week or two weeks ago (you may not have seen it). Newbie mistake, so you get to pass this time. smile.gif

Now, don't let it happen again! wink.gif

I don't really think you just got flamed. You just walked in on the tail end of an ongoing saga of people asking about GPA values, a frustrating trend for some of us.

I don't really think you just got flamed. You just walked in on the tail end of an ongoing saga of people asking about GPA values, a frustrating trend for some of us.

hmm, but i never asked for GPA values, i asked for personal opinions, because i thought ppl here, would have a lot of knowlage ke issues etc... hell, i hardly even know what GPA was before today.

the fact i got sorta stereotyped into some1 who'd want to take advantage of your MONEY paid services, was a bit harsh, especially on a noob....

"What you should not do is keep asking people who pay for the service to give you free information on a bunch of books. It isn't fair to GPA and it isn't fair to the people who pay for the service."

keep asking people? sorry.gif

That ain't a flame.....barely a spark.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif What to pay is subjective and ultimately up to YOU. A book is ultimately worth what YOU will pay for it or what someone else will pay for it (if you are buying it to resell). Bottom line is that there are tools like GPA, Overstreet, CBG, etc to help ascertain the trends in pricing. But guides are just that: guides. Not law. Asking individuals what they think is like asking them what they think that cloud looks like......

If you are serious about being in comics, you have to do research and you have to be willing to do the legwork yourself. Buy Overstreet if you haven't done so already (and get the grading guide too, not just the price guide). Read the words of wisdom. GPA is awesome especially if you are buying and/or selling CGC books.

Godspeed, and good luck

That ain't a flame.....barely a spark.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif What to pay is subjective and ultimately up to YOU. A book is ultimately worth what YOU will pay for it or what someone else will pay for it (if you are buying it to resell). Bottom line is that there are tools like GPA, Overstreet, CBG, etc to help ascertain the trends in pricing. But guides are just that: guides. Not law. Asking individuals what they think is like asking them what they think that cloud looks like......

If you are serious about being in comics, you have to do research and you have to be willing to do the legwork yourself. Buy Overstreet if you haven't done so already (and get the grading guide too, not just the price guide). Read the words of wisdom. GPA is awesome especially if you are buying and/or selling CGC books.

Godspeed, and good luck

Hey Rhino,

Good meeting you at the CGC forum dinner in Chicago. Welcome to the boards! hi.gif