• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How bad is this? Shipping damage

33 posts in this topic

Comics should be shipped in a box.

End of story. Cardboard, bubblewrap, and a box. Regardless of price of the book, it should get there without being bent to h ell.

I'm responding to the thread in general and the original poster. If someone ships in an envelope, your asking for trouble and usually get it when the book gets wrapped around the mailbox.

I've shipped at least forty thousand books out on e-bay, other venues, and these boards. All in sturdy boxes with cardboard, bubble wrap, and packing. Not one book arrived damaged, ever,

But to anyone that does buy off e-bay or anywhere else, just request box with plenty of packing and properly sandwiched book. You can't go wrong.

You either know how to pack books or you don't. Unfortunately, those that don't, don't ever seem to change. They really don't care, and shouldn't be in the hobby. :sumo:

When you buy from non-comic people off eBay you should expect crappy packing. They don't care, they're just trying to make a buck.

Just an update. Worked it out with the seller. Gave me partial refund that I thought was very fair. Certainly saved me a trip to the PO for a return (I really hate waiting in long lines).

What a shame, except for the tear, this is a beautiful book. Pages are really white too.

You either know how to pack books or you don't. Unfortunately, those that don't, don't ever seem to change. They really don't care, and shouldn't be in the hobby. :sumo:

When you buy from non-comic people off eBay you should expect crappy packing. They don't care, they're just trying to make a buck.

I learned how to pack properly from Divad. His Priority envelope had TWO pieces of thick cardboard on each side. It was as sturdy as a box! :headbang:

I agree with Divad, but I also add that sometimes people not used to comics pack better than people selling just comics, while sometimes you get antiquary books which are not even wrapped in plastic, and put in an envelope with some cardboard, not secured, "as is"… :eek:

True. Once I bought an X-Men #1 from an antique dealer - when the box arrived I was shocked - It was bigger than a TV and had about a year's supply of packing peanuts in it!!! lol