• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yet another eBay buyer to block

220 posts in this topic

If only to save your sanity:

redskinsjjv

received via eBay messages:

"Hi i bought this comic a few weeks ago and it looked great but upon taken it to a professional to check it he pointed out several creases on the spine that seem to have been colored in to hide them in the photos. i know the policy is 14 days but the item is clearly not a 9.4 and i paid alot of money for it i am emailing to try and get a refund"

He received the book on 2/14

Here's the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200883815421&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

From the description:

"X-Men #94 New X-Men Begin! Beautiful copy, BUT...unfortunately, some applied some color touch to the spine. It's not much, it's well done (no bleed), but it's still there. Sigh. Anyways, still a gorgeous Apparent 9.4 NM!"

meh

My response:

"First off, I'm sorry you're unhappy.

However...please read the description of the listing. The color touch was quite clearly listed, and quite clearly described in both the title and the listing.As well, you received this book on Feb 14th...well over three weeks ago.

A 9.4 Near Mint copy of this book is worth around $1500.00. One just sold for nearly $1700 a couple weeks ago. Why do you think I sold this copy for only $700? $700 for this book is a fair price, given its issues, which, again, were explained upfront in the listing.

Please consider what I have said, and get back to me. I am tempted to say no. You got a SMOKING hot deal on the Spidey #300 (It's now selling for $300 in that condition), so if I'm going to allow a return almost a month later, it will have to be everything.

Why didn't you bring this issue up when you got the book, or very soon after? Very disappointing."

He's already left positive feedback.

Response from him:

Im sorry I did not see it in the description I was so focused on seeing the photos of the comic, if that is what I need to do to get a refund I will return both comics

:eyeroll:

My response:

I see you've sold CGC graded books before, so this isn't news to you.

I'm really sorry, but you had a 14 day window to return the book, and it's now well over that. It's not very fair of you to have ignored the description, and then want to return it over three weeks later.

Best wishes for your new baby. I'm sure he/she is a handful.

His response:

I understand. Thanks.

I await the inevitable chargeback.

[font:Book Antiqua]

* He already leaves you a positive feedback

* so far you are only speculating he is going chargeback the transaction, not a fact yet.

* He was not happy, both parts talk and he agree.

So far nothing to block the buyer...[/font]

2c

(shrug)

[font:Book Antiqua]

* He already leaves you a positive feedback

* so far you are only speculating he is going chargeback the transaction, not a fact yet.

* He was not happy, both parts talk and he agree.

So far nothing to block the buyer...[/font]

2c

(shrug)

:screwy:

i would be worried about a chargeback also, but what can you do?

RAKIN FRAKIN give it away for Freebay.

If he does the CHARGEBACK now that Buyer would definitely lose his case; PayPal/eBay would HAVE TO stick up for the Seller here. Post transaction CHARGEBACKS are extremely rare and the credit card companies don't want any part of these.

Remember, those phone people, outsourced and all, STILL costs the company money - the more TIME the reps are on the phone with a possible scammer, it costs the company money. The reps could be helping a different customer(s) with legit concerns.

CAL wearing the CEO pin...

If only to save your sanity:

redskinsjjv

received via eBay messages:

"Hi i bought this comic a few weeks ago and it looked great but upon taken it to a professional to check it he pointed out several creases on the spine that seem to have been colored in to hide them in the photos. i know the policy is 14 days but the item is clearly not a 9.4 and i paid alot of money for it i am emailing to try and get a refund"

He received the book on 2/14

Here's the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200883815421&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

From the description:

"X-Men #94 New X-Men Begin! Beautiful copy, BUT...unfortunately, some applied some color touch to the spine. It's not much, it's well done (no bleed), but it's still there. Sigh. Anyways, still a gorgeous Apparent 9.4 NM!"

meh

My response:

"First off, I'm sorry you're unhappy.

However...please read the description of the listing. The color touch was quite clearly listed, and quite clearly described in both the title and the listing.As well, you received this book on Feb 14th...well over three weeks ago.

A 9.4 Near Mint copy of this book is worth around $1500.00. One just sold for nearly $1700 a couple weeks ago. Why do you think I sold this copy for only $700? $700 for this book is a fair price, given its issues, which, again, were explained upfront in the listing.

Please consider what I have said, and get back to me. I am tempted to say no. You got a SMOKING hot deal on the Spidey #300 (It's now selling for $300 in that condition), so if I'm going to allow a return almost a month later, it will have to be everything.

Why didn't you bring this issue up when you got the book, or very soon after? Very disappointing."

He's already left positive feedback.

Response from him:

Im sorry I did not see it in the description I was so focused on seeing the photos of the comic, if that is what I need to do to get a refund I will return both comics

My response:

I see you've sold CGC graded books before, so this isn't news to you.

I'm really sorry, but you had a 14 day window to return the book, and it's now well over that. It's not very fair of you to have ignored the description, and then want to return it over three weeks later.

Best wishes for your new baby. I'm sure he/she is a handful.

His response:

I understand. Thanks.

I await the inevitable chargeback.

So you agree to accept the return the book and then backed out of it? (shrug) The other deal has nothing to do with this one, IMO. Ebay will not look at both transactions only the one.

It's the buyer's mistake and he should suck it up.

However, you should have put "Apparent" in your title description. You baited him him, and it's possible he hastily bit the hook without reading the description entirely.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but why did you agree to take back the book if he also reruns the ASM 300, but then back out ?

He then accepted that he could not return it. Unless he blows it up further, I see no reason to block him.

"Hi i bought this comic a few weeks ago and it looked great but upon taken it to a professional to check it he pointed out several creases on the spine that seem to have been colored in to hide them in the photos

hm

The color touch was quite clearly listed, and quite clearly described in both the title and the listing

:idea:

Im sorry I did not see it in the description I was so focused on seeing the photos of the comic

:facepalm:

if I'm going to allow a return almost a month later, it will have to be everything

hm

if that is what I need to do to get a refund I will return both comics

hm

(shrug)

Ryan, who is stealing both Cal and RMA's shtick

It's the buyer's mistake and he should suck it up.

However, you should have put "Apparent" in your title description. You baited him him, and it's possible he hastily bit the hook without reading the description entirely.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but why did you agree to take back the book if he also reruns the ASM 300, but then back out ?

He then accepted that he could not return it. Unless he blows it up further, I see no reason to block him.

I find that flat out using the word "restored" avoids confusion

You'd better give him a refund, because your description is incorrect. X-Men 94 is the fifth Wolverine appearance, not the fourth. I'm sure he was paying for the fourth appearance.

You'd better give him a refund, because your description is incorrect. X-Men 94 is the fifth Wolverine appearance, not the fourth. I'm sure he was paying for the fourth appearance.
lol

And I don't know how much clearer you could have been? He had to have known what "App" meant, if he's sold CGC books before. He knew he had no case, but he probably figured he would take a shot, and see if you'd refund. I don't think he will attempt a charge back. And I'll only block him because he can't read, not because he's a bad guy.

EDIT: If the color touch is minor, and there's no bleed through, why not have Matt, or whoever, remove it? Sounds like you would have made more than $700. (shrug)

Not fully read item description is the buyer fault, and for all we know it could just be buyer remorse. That is not protected by ebay. However, I don't know why you offered to allow the return with condition then not honoring it later. That to me is just as bad as the buyer trying to get refund for not reading description.

i would be worried about a chargeback also, but what can you do?

RAKIN FRAKIN give it away for Freebay.

If he does the CHARGEBACK now that Buyer would definitely lose his case; PayPal/eBay would HAVE TO stick up for the Seller here. Post transaction CHARGEBACKS are extremely rare and the credit card companies don't want any part of these.

Remember, those phone people, outsourced and all, STILL costs the company money - the more TIME the reps are on the phone with a possible scammer, it costs the company money. The reps could be helping a different customer(s) with legit concerns.

CAL wearing the CEO pin...

:facepalm:

:insane:

If this buyer does the chargeback with it having been funded by Discover or certain banks in the Visa/Mastercard ring of banks then you will still lose the chargeback case. PP will not have your back as a seller. Ask me how I know.

The only real hope here is that he funded it either with a Visa/Mastercard via say a smaller bank/ credit union or funded it with funds out of the PP balance. You will have a solid chance of winning those type of chargebacks/disputes.

I agree that you clearly listed it in the very first sentence of the description and this is on the buyer, but I have to agree that when I read your title as written the app is in reference to wolverine appearance not apparent work done on it.

Not siding with anyone here but when I see "app" I think appearance. The auction description is good and you would THINK a buyer would read it but....

I just think it was what context it was used in. It says "app 9.4." If it had said "app wolverine 9.4" , then that would have been extremely confusing, even to experienced buyers. This is all 100% the buyers fault. He should either do his homework a little better before purchasing larger dollar books, or just pay better attention. By his response, it sounds like he had buyers remorse, more so than being shifty.

I think there are several things at play here...

1-The buyer didnt pay enough attention and admits that. Tough for him, it was outside of RMA's stated 14 day return window. Expensive mistake for the buyer but it is what he earned.

So, as far as the book being returned there is no debate.

2-I dont agree with RMA for asking the ASM 300 be returned as well if he was going to accept the X-Men back. The issue isnt with the ASM but with the X-Men. So it is either take the X-Men back or dont. He didnt and is completely correct for not doing so. But asking for the ASM back, and insinuating that because the buyer got a great deal on it he would have to pay that as his penance for making a mistake on the X-Men, is not professional in my eyes.

3-I dont understand why someone would think this guy needs to be blocked