• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some answers from my job applications... And a trivia contest...

33 posts in this topic

Here's a couple answers anyway.

Skippy the Jedi Droid was the one that Luke's Uncle almost picked instead of R2D2 on the planet Tatooine in Star Wars 4, A New Hope.

Chewbacca dies when a moon collides with the planet he's on, just before he saves Solo's kids.

Am I right, or at least kinda right?

1) Who was Skippy the Jedi Droid? R5D4 - a little red droid. Used in a parody comic from Dark Horse of Star Wars.

2) How did Chewbacca die? he sacrificed his life for Han Solo's kid Anakin Solo

3) Why did Beast turn blue? The first time is when organs of other animals were put in him to save his life and he turned blue. In the newer comics it was the result of a weapon X program.

4) When the Hulk first appeared, what triggered his transformation? The sunset

5) Who is Thanos trying to impress? Death

6) Which foursome attacked a gazebo? The Frightful four or the Fantastic Four in the wedding issue. ( not too sure on this one)

7) Who first faced Onslaught? Juggernaught

8) Which comic did Kellogg's sue? Kellog has sue several comic related people - Simpsons, Marvel Spiderman ( I think over the rights to use his likeness.) Unless you are referring to Lorie Kellogg - a graphic artist comedian who has the same namesake who sued Phil Silver's estate. ( not too sure of this one either.)

Some of my answers probably are a stretch, but hopefully I am close.)

1) Who was Skippy the Jedi Droid? R5D4 - The R2 unit that blows up after Luke tries to buy it from the Jawas. He bought R2D2 as a result. Peter David printed the story in BID column in CBG.

2) How did Chewbacca die? Heart stopped? Don't know...

3) Why did Beast turn blue? Grey was too much for the printers Marvel was using so he was changed to blue which was easier to manage.

4) When the Hulk first appeared, what triggered his transformation? The Moon

5) Who is Thanos trying to impress? Death

6) Which foursome attacked a gazebo? Knights of the Dinner Table!

7) Who first faced Onslaught? Jean Grey had a flashback or something didn't she? If not, then Juggernaut.

8) Which comic did Kellogg's sue? Don't know...

Jim

she's staying at least until she gets her verticals stretched to 8 gauge, her horizontals to 10 gauge...

PUH-LEEEZE explain that one!

lol... Living so close to the Leather Capital of North America I figured you'd already know, Donut...

It's a reference to nipple piercings. In her case the verticals are behind the horizontals which is why they are the larger of the two. Stretching to 8 isn't possible for most people, the tissue has to be just right, otherwise they'll grow out. For reference, 90% of people stay at 14 gauge, the typical beginning size (pierced at 10 or 12, jewelry at 14)...

I'm surprised... 21 hours in and no one with a set of correct answers...

Some more actual answers:

1st appearances-

Spider-Man: "Amazing Spider-Man #2" (I'm still trying to figure this one out)

Superman: "Spawn #1"

Gambit: "Love Hina #3"

Why did Beast turn blue?-

"He was holding his breath playing Truth or Dare with Marvel Girl. He lost"

"Because Northstar broke up with him"

"Because he pooped on the kitchen floor and they made him sleep outside and it was cold."

"Because no Marvel character is allowed to be gray."

That last answer I thought was pretty good... Hulk, Iron Man, Beast... It's like there's a rule or something smile.gif

I may be slow. I still don't get ya... I think we definitely need a visual reference on this

As much as I look forward to my first trip to the penalty box, I think it will be for something a little more thought-provoking... tongue.gif

1) Who was Skippy the Jedi Droid?

The story originally appeared in writer Peter David's opinion column "But I Digress" in the Comics Buyers Guide. No editors to interfere in the creative process and ruin all the jokes. Here, the whole story is a joke. Martin Egeland, who worked with David on the Episode 1: Obi-Wan one-shot, has provided the visuals. His very comic book, almost cartoonish style is perfect for providing comical renderings of our favorite characters (Princess Leia with actual cinnamon buns on her head) as we learn the fate of the galaxy rested in the tiny transistors of Skippy, probably better know as the little red droid, R5-D4. Laughing already? Then you'll enjoy this obviously non-canon farce set in the Star Wars galaxy. A cute, funny little tale to end a terrific first issue of "Star Wars Tales."

2) How did Chewbacca die?

By now, most Star Wars fans know that the novel, 'Vector Prime' by R.A. Salvatore, contains one of the most important events yet in the continuity of the Expanded Star Wars Universe: the death of Chewbacca. As Serpindal's moon is being drawn towards the planet by a gravity manipulating dovin basal, cataclysmic earthquakes are devastating the planet as anakin, Han and Chewie are trying to rescue some of the inhabitants in the Falcon. Chewie gets left behind, and Han ends up blaming Anakin for leaving Chewie, though it was either that or all of them get killed.

3) why did the Beast turn blue?

He was also blessed with a genius intellect which he used to become an accomplished scientist. His early days with the X-Men were adventure filled, though not very remarkable, until the fateful day that he had a mishap while working in his lab. The experiment changed him into a blue furred, fanged creature, though his musculature and intellect remained unchanged.

His first stop, a couple of years after X-Men folded, was a series on his own in Marvel's Amazing Adventures, starting with its 11th issue (March, 1972). There, his original mutation became more pronounced. In keeping with a trend toward monster/horror-oriented heroes (such as Morbius the Living Vampire and Werewolf by Night — even Frankenstein and Dracula themselves had Marvel series in the '70s), he suddenly grew long, pointed ears and head-to-toe blue fur.

When the Hulk first appeared, what triggered his transformation?

At first Banner changed into the Hulk at sunset and reverted to human form at dawn. However, Banner's body eventually changed so that his transformations into the Hulk were triggered by the release of adrenaline when he became intensely excited, no matter what time of day or night it was

I realize everyone's going nuts over the CGC increases and Metropolis' new time payment plan... but I am frankly stunned that no one here has answered all 8 correctly...

And here I thought they were too easy... tongue.gif

You should see some of the answers I got yesterday... Apparently Scott Free is the secret identity of David Blaine, and Superman and Lois Lane got married during Marvel Secret Wars...