• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To slab or not to slab this Action "1"

21 posts in this topic

As I recall you got the "cut out" of "Superman lifting the car" and maybe a "tire".

Along with the other cover cut outs of early issues I really thought it was a pretty cool auction. Are you going to disassemble it or keep it all together?

You're going to have to start buying up some of the single pages from Action 1 that have been circulating. I've got one of the Zatara pages.

Much as I like the idea of keeping this intact as a piece of comics fan-created memorabilia typical for its day, I bought this as an investment and have an obligation to recognize that it's likely worth more disassembled (especially considering it was assembled with parts fromseparate books that were, themselves, disassembled). so when it comes time to sell that will most likely have to be the case.

I think assembling the back-up non-superman pages would be interesting in that one could then call it a true frankenbook, but doubt that the value would increase according to the cost.