• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite obscure Star Wars movie character?

91 posts in this topic

Nien Nunb! He only blew up the second Death Star (with a little help from Lando, of course)! image.jpg

A Sullustan who also made various cameos in many of the books too. Seemed to be a buddy that Lando called on when he was in a pinch

The snow troopers were cool. Loved the outfits.

Dengaar was mean, but my favourite Was probably Bib Fortuna.

Don't have any favourites in the second trilogy. Didn't pay much attention to them, don't even think I've seen the third one at all.

Episode III is worth seeing if nothing else for the Obi Wan vs Anakin fight

Sorry but watching them super rock jump like a video game was not that exciting. Also I know he was more machine than man but that was a lot more damage than I ever believed Vader to receive in that one fight. I always envisioned him taking serious damage in that battle and then accumulating more scars as he hunted Jedi down...but after that fight he had nothing left to be scared. At least he was no General Grievous. I am surprised this astic villain doesn't take more flake. He was like the Jar Jar of bad guys.

The Order 66 was pretty lame and I don't see how you fan boys get a boner over it. I always pictured Vader hunting down the Jedi doing it more the way it is done in the video game Star Wars Force Unleashed, at least from what had been stated in the original trilogy. I think the film makers are now smart enough to know the vast majority of fans want to see the man in black. All you get is like 20 minutes of Anakin slaughtering children.

Then the Emperor slaughters a mess load of the best Jedi's...not Vader. (See below how this is just one of many ways he has proven the Dark Side to be stronger...and also the Jedi to have a less than stellar code of battle. Never really thought those were honorable fights in those prequels. 2 on one against Maul and then like 6 on one with the Emperor. How many fought Dooku 2 or 3? Who cares it should have been Maul and not an 80 year old Saruman in all those scenes anyways. Even I probably would have been a little excited to see Maul take on Yoda.)

George has road a slippery slope of undoing what he did in the original trilogy for years. Forget Han shooting first. How about approving the Emperor's return in Dark Empire 20+ years ago. Yoda says the Dark Side is not stronger. To quote Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie, "Bull mess Ron!" Obi-Wan "I can't interfere." Emperor, "Oh hell yeah I have the Dark Side as my ally. I will bring my essence into clone bodies and kick after being killed!"

Who the hell wouldn't want go Dark Side! Plus Force Lightning is mostly associated with the Dark Side! Now that's fun.

I suppose since they want to bring Vader back knowing he is a box office draw they could make a follow up to ROTS and have him hunt Jedi down across the galaxy the way it should have been done in the prequels. I know they were trying to show the build up to becoming Vader, but to hold Vader back till the last minute of the prequels has got to be the most epic fail in a string of them for these prequels. (How the HELL do you take a more or less insignificant character like Boba Fett who over the years some how became legendary amongst fan boys and have his origin be nothing more than a CLONE. A $%^$%&^%$ CLONE....just like every other damn CLONE TROOPER. Perhaps the worst origin I have ever seen. There goes his individuality. Jango Fett was also pretty . GOOD JOB George!

Don't have any favourites in the second trilogy. Didn't pay much attention to them, don't even think I've seen the third one at all.

Sorry but watching them super rock jump like a video game was not that exciting. Also I know he was more machine than man but that was a lot more damage than I ever believed Vader to receive in that one fight. I always envisioned him taking serious damage in that battle and then accumulating more scars as he hunted Jedi down...but after that fight he had nothing left to be scared. At least he was no General Grievous. I am surprised this astic villain doesn't take more flake. He was like the Jar Jar of bad guys.

The Order 66 was pretty lame and I don't see how you fan boys get a boner over it. I always pictured Vader hunting down the Jedi doing it more the way it is done in the video game Star Wars Force Unleashed, at least from what had been stated in the original trilogy. I think the film makers are now smart enough to know the vast majority of fans want to see the man in black. All you get is like 20 minutes of Anakin slaughtering children.

Then the Emperor slaughters a mess load of the best Jedi's...not Vader. (See below how this is just one of many ways he has proven the Dark Side to be stronger...and also the Jedi to have a less than stellar code of battle. Never really thought those were honorable fights in those prequels. 2 on one against Maul and then like 6 on one with the Emperor. How many fought Dooku 2 or 3? Who cares it should have been Maul and not an 80 year old Saruman in all those scenes anyways. Even I probably would have been a little excited to see Maul take on Yoda.)

George has road a slippery slope of undoing what he did in the original trilogy for years. Forget Han shooting first. How about approving the Emperor's return in Dark Empire 20+ years ago. Yoda says the Dark Side is not stronger. To quote Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie, "Bull mess Ron!" Obi-Wan "I can't interfere." Emperor, "Oh hell yeah I have the Dark Side as my ally. I will bring my essence into clone bodies and kick after being killed!"

Who the hell wouldn't want go Dark Side! Plus Force Lightning is mostly associated with the Dark Side! Now that's fun.

I suppose since they want to bring Vader back knowing he is a box office draw they could make a follow up to ROTS and have him hunt Jedi down across the galaxy the way it should have been done in the prequels. I know they were trying to show the build up to becoming Vader, but to hold Vader back till the last minute of the prequels has got to be the most epic fail in a string of them for these prequels. (How the HELL do you take a more or less insignificant character like Boba Fett who over the years some how became legendary amongst fan boys and have his origin be nothing more than a CLONE. A $%^$%&^%$ CLONE....just like every other damn CLONE TROOPER. Perhaps the worst origin I have ever seen. There goes his individuality. Jango Fett was also pretty . GOOD JOB George!

Wow. You're a pretty angry guy. You should settle down, chief, and thank Mr. Lucas for giving you something to spout about.

Wow. You're a pretty angry guy. You should settle down, chief, and thank Mr. Lucas for giving you something to spout about.

He mailed it in. Most of the other people on this board want nothing to do with those prequels. They know it was bad writting. You are one of about 2 people in this thread that have found anything other than Darth Maul to be well executed in this prequels. After seeing the prequels I sometimes question whether Lucas gets too much credit for Star Wars and designers like Mcquarrie not enough. A lot of the what makes it the original stuff so good are the designs of characters, ships and sets. Not to mention he directed all the prequels and only the one in the original trilogy. Reminds me a lot of Stan Lee with Jack Kirby. I just don't think a lot of those early Marvel characters would be so damn good if Kirby didn't do such a great job designing their looks.

Aurra Sing

Really an expanded universe character but she has a cameo in TPM pod race.

Make mine Aurra Sing.

I think Lucas' philosophy was the cooler the character the less screen time they would get. Ultra lame character? As much screen time as possible

2 seconds screen time

aurrasingep1.jpg

+1 (thumbs u

My broswer flaked and I didn't see your post before I got to mine

Now that's what I'm talking about!!! True Star Wars Nerd Rage!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

(nevermind the fact taht I agree with most of it :blush:)

Momaw Nadon (Hammerhead), R5-D4 and that Walrus-guy were my first brand new bought action figures (from Country 3 Corners in Weare. I had no idea who they were so I made my own Star Wars adventures for them. They were my favorites. Almost bought the limited edition Momaw Nadon (Hammerhead) Hallmark Christmas ornament last year out of sentimentality for the character.

Aurra Sing

Make mine Aurra Sing.

I think Lucas' philosophy was the cooler the character the less screen time they would get. Ultra lame character? As much screen time as possible

2 seconds screen time

aurrasingep1.jpg

+1 (thumbs u

The expanded universe has some cool characters....far better than many of the ones that had a lot of screen time in the actual movies, especially the prequel characters.

I don't follow a lot of the video games or books, but Grand Admiral Thrawn and Darth Nihilus were both pretty interesting villains. Far better than Count Dookoo. :eyeroll: Awful name to boot. Sounds like somebody who sits around ordering their bowel movements.

Aurra Sing

Make mine Aurra Sing.

2 seconds screen time

aurrasingep1.jpg

+1 (thumbs u

The expanded universe has some cool characters....far better than many of the ones that had a lot of screen time in the actual movies, especially the prequel characters.

I don't follow a lot of the video games or books, but Grand Admiral Thrawn and Darth Nihilus were both pretty interesting villains. Far better than Count Dookoo. :eyeroll: Awful name to boot. Sounds like somebody who sits around ordering their bowel movements.

The Thrawn trilogy as movies would be gold. Gold, I tell ya.

Now that's what I'm talking about!!! True Star Wars Nerd Rage!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

(nevermind the fact taht I agree with most of it :blush:)

Never mind the fact I was BORN the year ROTJ came out so this tells you how bad the prequels were considering I didn't experience the original stuff first hand.