• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TWIN CITIES SPRINGCON 2013 MAY 18-19 MIDWEST COMIC BOOK ASSOCIATION

47 posts in this topic

This is the big one. Who knows how many great vintage comics, magazines, toys, cards, records, books, paperbacks, etc. you will find?

A cornucopia of pulp culture coolness will be available to dazzle you once again this year. Come find what you know you did and didn't desperately need.

MN State Fairgrounds - In The Grandstand

1265 Snelling Ave N

St. Paul MN 55108

Time: Open both days from 10am to 5:00pm

A few guests have been announced with many more to come!

http://midwestcomicbook.com/?page_id=13'>http://midwestcomicbook.com/?page_id=13

Additional guest and dealer information will follow as it becomes available, but as always there will be a tremendous variety of items from solid local and national dealers and fun guests from all eras.

Miss it at your peril!!!

http://midwestcomicbook.com/

I know someday soon that webpage will be updated with even more phenomenon guests and dealers that will be at the show.

Until then, for those of you that plan on attending, or have looked or bought from me at the shows, I plan on bringing the remainder of my collection of comics to the show. Most of them haven't been even looked at since I first read them decades ago. Should be a fun time for all of us.

I will be going on Sunday a little later, I don't want to wait in line to get a swag bag of stuff that I usually throw away. I always enjoy talking to Grant Gould, but imo not much there now. But I am glad we have something in the TC's for a comic con. Plus the guy that owns the lcs knows what I look for and if he can will pick it up for me.

I guess I should be happy that we do not have that many con's here, I might working a lot more at my jobs to get everything I would like to have.

:)

Whatever we do, Thawk needs to wear his Batman costume.

Last year was the last time I had it on - I nearly died from heat exhaustion haha. I don't think I'll be putting it back on this year for SpringCon

If there's going to be a boardie meetup someone better get on the ball here. Does anyone know the neighborhood around the Fairgrounds? Even though I used to work in Arden Hills I must admit I don't know what's around there. Some details. Friday or Saturday Night? A bar or a restaurant? Anyone have suggestions in the area? I've set the poll to be on until May 3rd so we can make a decision in time.

I dont' know the area super well, but I know if you go north on Snelling from the fair grounds there is quite a lot between the fair and 35W - especially up close to the Interstate (that's also up close to The Source Comics).

Also if you go south on Snelling a little you will be close to 94 and there is a few places along university. But I would say for the most part going north would be the best. Lots of restaurants and you also have rosedale mall that close and has a lot of that type of stuff around.