• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newbie here!

27 posts in this topic

Hi Red,

From one newbie to another, welcome to the boards! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Participating is more fun than lurking. Comiclink is a great operation and Josh is a great guy. I've bought and sold books through comiclink. My experience in selling is that for some reason, high grade CGC books get top dollar on comiclink. Maybe its because he takes the risk out of the transaction. You know you won't get stiffed. I also bought some art from there and he packed and shipped it very securely (more than I can say for a lot of sellers....).

Look forward to seeing the book when you get it!

Hi everyone, been lurking about a week now and finally decided to join. Been collecting for about a year and a half, nothing too major but I do have a Secret Wars #8 in CGC-graded 9.8, a Spectacular Spiderman (1976 series) in a CGC 9.6 and an Uncanny X-men #108 (first byrne/claremont teamup) in 9.6. Those are pretty much my gems so far.

Don't flame me too bad guys, i'm still learning wink.gif

-Joe

P.S. does anyone know if comiclink.com is reputable, thinking about placing an order there. thanks!!

Welcome!!!

Comiclink is good altho I would only buy slabbed books from him.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

Based solely on your good reviews of comiclink.com I have just gone and ordered WESTERN FIGHTERS #41 / CGC 6.5 FN+ Edgar Church (Mile High) Copy.

I will share with everyone when it arrives (via ground shipping...grrrr)

Since I don't have a scanner do you think a photo will work as well? I do have an excellent digicam but the cgc holders might reflect.....anyone done this and it turned out ok?

The ground shipping doesn't take too long.

A lot of people don't have scanners - they do have digital cameras tho.

Hi everyone, been lurking about a week now and finally decided to join. Been collecting for about a year and a half, nothing too major but I do have a Secret Wars #8 in CGC-graded 9.8, a Spectacular Spiderman (1976 series) in a CGC 9.6 and an Uncanny X-men #108 (first byrne/claremont teamup) in 9.6. Those are pretty much my gems so far.

Don't flame me too bad guys, i'm still learning wink.gif

I'll just give you a typical flame:

What you collect sucks. What *I* collect is cool! flamed.gif

stooges.gif

You suck! stooges.gif