• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just got my grades on the Marvel premiere #47 Double cover

9 posts in this topic

Came back a 9.6 (9.0 outer/ 9.6 inner) OWW pages.

Any speculation on what it may bring? I had it in my for sale thread at $300 OBO (before slabbing) and i didn't think it would grade as high. I was thinking 9.4. I know i for one would rather have a 9.6 double cover waaaay more than a 9.8. Curious what you guys think...I am going to have a hard time letting this one go honestly. It's definitely not the kind of book i am likely to ever run across again.

This would be a Hold for me, especially if I didn't really want to let it go.

Not really sure what it would be bring right now but you'd have to think it would bring some more as the movie draws closer. I think that's a couple of years away, though, so it's a patient Hold.

Congrats on the DC. Nothing beats a DC :cloud9:

Some people pay crazy money for DCs. I don't. I have purchased over 100 of them on eBay the last two years, and prices are all over the place. I've gotten quite few BA/CA for well below GPA, and passed on many that far exceeded GPA.

if a regular cover goes for $150 I'd guess a double might get 50% more. Maybe a bit more if the outer cover were the same grade as the inner. A 9.0 isn't bad but a lot of folks really want the cover on the front to be really nice to pay a premium. So $200 for the 9.0/9/6 and maybe $250 if it were a 9.6/9/6.

I think keys, Xmen Spiderman Batman and variants get better premiums too, but nothing outrageous. I also think some of the heavy hitters of double covers have exited the market in the last year or two.

Ed

So why is this issue out of control? The new "Scott Lang" Antman is the movie Antman?

If so, then I need to start selling as it's a Byrne issue and like the rest of them, I have tons.

Sweet! That movie is going to rock...I don't care what all of the haters say!