• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which actor was perfect in their roll in a superhero movie?

270 posts in this topic

Although I feel let down when a superhero movie is done poorly, I am also glad when a superhero movie is done decent. I'm not always seeking perfection or exact copies of the comics like 300 or The Watchmen.

No offense, but Watchmen was far from perfect or an exact copy. Though it would be difficult to capture a densly packed 12 issue series in a 3+ hour movie.

It definitely would be difficult to hold an audience in one place for longer than 3 hours without it becoming a pain point for them.

But Zack Snyder's intent was to copy most of the comic books to film, which the Director's Cut very much demonstrates. Just some of the modern touches were different.

Although I feel let down when a superhero movie is done poorly, I am also glad when a superhero movie is done decent. I'm not always seeking perfection or exact copies of the comics like 300 or The Watchmen.

No offense, but Watchmen was far from perfect or an exact copy. Though it would be difficult to capture a densly packed 12 issue series in a 3+ hour movie.

It definitely would be difficult to hold an audience in one place for longer than 3 hours without it becoming a pain point for them.

But Zack Snyder's intent was to copy most of the comic books to film, which the Director's Cut very much demonstrates. Just some of the modern touches were different.

It probably could've been done, but then we'd be talking about the Watchmen trilogy :)

H'Wood doesn't care about holding people's attention for 3+ hours. They care about how many times a movie can be shown during the day. 3+ hour movies can't be screened as many times as a 1 1/2 hour movie, making it harder to rake in the $$$.

It probably could've been done, but then we'd be talking about the Watchmen trilogy :)

H'Wood doesn't care about holding people's attention for 3+ hours. They care about how many times a movie can be shown during the day. 3+ hour movies can't be screened as many times as a 1 1/2 hour movie, making it harder to rake in the $$$.

And that's the truth of it. Get you in and get you out. But at least get your money first! Like cattle.

Hey look. Green Lantern is back in theaters. It must be good.

6340072076_4df8a60c39_z.jpg

:sick:

I feel the ''A day in the life of Judge

Dredd'' was the best way at reintroducing the movie going public to Judge Dredd.

Maybe not the best decision considering it was a flop?

Think of the movies you may be missing out on because they are missing that level of perfection you desire. There are some that really are a fun watch if you give them a chance.

Can I get an Amen?? Seriously. Although some of these movies aren't the greatest.. most of them have SOME redeeming quality that can make it entertaining. Except Howard the Duck. Oh, and First Class was the finest of the X-men movies. :applause:

An interesting article about a repeat topic on the forum.

Top 5 Comic Book Superhero Movies

His ranking:

5) Iron Man

4) X2

3) Spider-Man

2) Superman

1) The Dark Knight

I still lean towards The Crow and Hellboy being high on the list. Brandon Lee and Ron Perlman made those roles stand out, putting those movies in a different category of success because of their performance and willingness to immerse themselves in the characters.

But I do have to agree with the articles summary of why TDK stands out from the pack.

The new, darker Bruce Wayne was light years from the shark repellent spray of the 1960s, as Nolan toyed with the audience across 152 minutes. The opening 10 minutes provides one of the most intense and alluring bank robbery scenes across any genre, and sets up the movie perfectly. Though a middle bridge between the beginning and the end of the Nolan/Bale Batman saga, “The Dark Knight” created a world that shocked and engaged audiences, and still remains one of the best movies ever made!

One man, and one man only was a "Super" MAN.

This man.

Able to detect Love starved females in seconds....sometimes groups of them.

Seduce virgins

Pleasure his wife,and the neighbours wife at the same time!

Lets not forget the film when he saved Bambi....

I give you:

MR JOHN HOLMES!

136239.jpg.e12dd12803b1362d235054db302b575f.jpg

One actor that always stands out to me for portraying their character was Wesley Snipes doing Blade.

If they had Snipes for the Spike Tv series for Blade it would have been a way better show in my opinion and probably why it failed so much because they couldn't carry the portrayal to the heights Snipes did.

One man, and one man only was a "Super" MAN.

This man.

Able to detect Love starved females in seconds....sometimes groups of them.

Seduce virgins

Pleasure his wife,and the neighbours wife at the same time!

Lets not forget the film when he saved Bambi....

I give you:

MR JOHN HOLMES!

Able to die of AIDS? :shrug: