• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ant-man teaser footage online.....For now.

42 posts in this topic

I gotta say I'm pretty shocked they are actually doing a GOTG movie! Who exactly is going to go see that? The couple thousand GOTG fans? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

The Avengers lineup are mostly heros that the general public has heard of before. Even with that, it probably would have flopped it they didn't invest 10 years and 6 different lead in movies into it. How are they going to get ANY non comic book people interested in seeing GOTG. Hell, 95% of us comic nerds on this board probably can't name 2 Guardians.

With all the stories and characters they have to work with, GOTG seems like a very odd choice to green light for a major movie (shrug)

I have a theory that the movies will get progressively worse as they use up the old 60's- 80's plot ideas and have nothing left but 1990's-2010's plot ideas.

I'm looking forward to Antman. GOTG is something that doesn't interest me in the least. I have NO interest in seeing a movie with a raccoon starring in it.

DG