• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed - thanks everyone

153 posts in this topic

Strange Tales 141, 148, 152, 156

:takeit:

Thanks Paul. There's a lot in that pickup. I think you get the 1st app of LMD's, Origin the Ancient One, 2nd Steranko issue which is also a Steranko/Kirby Team-up and.....wait for it......1st appearance of ZOM!

:news: CLAIMED by pwog :applause:

Another Freebie. This one's pretty cool :banana:

Next Buyer also takes home a X-Factor #71 1st print signed by artist Larry Stroman with COA. PLUS, the gold 2nd printing of #71 as well (thumbs u

They did a 2nd print? (shrug) of THIS book? Yeah, when Peter David and Larry Stroman took over with this issue X-Factor hadn't been selling well at all. This book flew under the radar because of everything else that was going on and was severely underordered.

This was the good old days when Marvel decided to merge X-Factor/the original X-Men with the Uncanny X-Men and form two X-Men titles, lighting the fire/jumping the shark that would eventually consume the entire comic industry and cause 70% of all comic stores to go out of business. Marvel got everyone - especially speculators - to go all-in and buy 5 different covers to X-Men #1. People bought CASES of #1. Of each different cover! and it seemed as if they all came back exactly 5 years later wanting a return on their investment :roflmao:

But the best X-Title by far was this gem. Already on fire with his run on the Incredible Hulk, Peter David did what he does best and took a bunch of unrelated off the wall characters, threw them together and made it work. Fun stuff. Sorry to ramble on....

xfac.jpg

Here's the first group of Avengers. Rather than listing 30 issues straight I'm going to break them up a little so we have a little variety at all times.

Avengers #80 5.5 (OSPG: $16.50) $9.50 1sr Red Wolf, Neal Adams cover

av80.jpg

:hi:

Welcome back, Mark! Hope life settles down for you.

Hi Sam :hi: Thanks - It settled down quite a bit the day I found a place to live. I applied/contacted/viewed over 60 places and when I finally found one it was one of the Top 5 places that I had seen so that was nice. First month, Last Month and Deposit was NOT nice but that's life. Twice in 8 months I've had to go through moving and I'm looking forward to staying in one place for a while..

Here's the first group of Avengers. Rather than listing 30 issues straight I'm going to break them up a little so we have a little variety at all times.

Avengers #80 5.5 (OSPG: $16.50) $9.50 1sr Red Wolf, Neal Adams cover

av80.jpg

Thasnks Paul! The X-Factor set is yours too (thumbs u

Hi Sam :hi: Thanks - It settled down quite a bit the day I found a place to live. I applied/contacted/viewed over 60 places and when I finally found one it was one of the Top 5 places that I had seen so that was nice. First month, Last Month and Deposit was NOT nice but that's life. Twice in 8 months I've had to go through moving and I'm looking forward to staying in one place for a while..

Good to hear, sir. Your threads are always great with excellent deals!

But the best X-Title by far was this gem. Already on fire with his run on the Incredible Hulk, Peter David did what he does best and took a bunch of unrelated off the wall characters, threw them together and made it work. Fun stuff. Sorry to ramble on....

I love Peter David. His Hulk run pulled me into comics in the first place. And the issue of X-Factor where Doc Samson psychoanalyzes the members of the team? Priceless.

Good to hear, sir. Your threads are always great with excellent deals!

I love Peter David. His Hulk run pulled me into comics in the first place. And the issue of X-Factor where Doc Samson psychoanalyzes the members of the team? Priceless.

Amen! Peter David fans are almost a religion. The Doc Samson was a blast. It seems like all of the Doc Samson issues are great. When he merged the Hulk's 3 personalities (with the help of the Ringmaster from the Circus of Crime :roflmao:) was also priceless. Great storytelling.