• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Egg's Undergrounds Part XVII CLOSED

86 posts in this topic

Well I am back. Had surgery 8 weeks ago (everything is pretty much fine now). This thread will consist of all sorts of stuff, 99.9% underground related. Haight Ashbury pedigree books will not be offered at this time, still trying to work out the selling details on that amazing collection.

Boxed shipping in the U.S. will be $5.00 and up depending upon how you want the books sent (priority mail, media mail, etc). International buyers PM me & we will try to work it out. Insurance required for larger orders. Slabs wll be sent boxed priority for approximately $10.00 (depends on how many slabs).

FIRST PRINTS UNLESS NOTED

F#G refers to the 2006 Fogel Underground Price Guide. "Supp" refers to the 2010 Supplement.

I try to be a conservative grader & tend to lower the grade if I am unsure. Underground comix is my speciality so feel confident that my descriptions about the printing of each book is accurate based on current knowledge. I am a collector, not a dealer & wish to share these extras with you & make a few bucks to help pay for my seemingly never ending purchases. Please note that Photobucket will sometimes censor a cover, one can be sent to you upon request.

Rules, first :takeit: wins, feel free to PM me with questions and/or wants. I have lots of other stuff.

I will accept paypal, or you can mail me a personal or cashiers check (in U.S. funds please). International buyers using paypal will have a 4% surcharge.

By bidding on these books you are attesting that you are 18 years of age or older.

Grim Wit #1 9.2/9.4, Richard Corben, first print, tough in high grade, had a couple of boardies who needed this, but both passed at this time, they had their chance, this is a great copy...................$39.

SOLD to jimjum12

IMG_1327_zps673d19c4.jpg

Jay Kennedy's The Official Underground and Newave Comix Price Guide, hardback edition in VG/Fine condition (not sure how to grade a book like this). These are scarce! I think there is one on EBay for over $200, my price $69.

SOLD to Greggy

IMG_1125_zps8310767e.jpg

Thank you sir, think I will take down the possibly offensive cover

Tales From The Leather Nun 2nd 9.0/9.2 really nice copy, $20 in 9/2 in the Supp, take it away for $10. Hope this new photobucket thing works, hate it.

:takeit:

This is a rare item. Alternative Media Comix, 1970, Gilbert Shelton mini comic, VF/NM, buy it now for $199. This has a 2 page Freak Brothers story inside that most collectors are not aware of. I was fortunate to obtain a couple of copies from an original owner's estate. The main guests at that con were Harvey Kurtzman & Stan Lee. Gilbert Shelton & Art Spiegelman also attended. The other extremetly rare item that was given out on that Saturday afternoon was a jam poster by Kurtzman, Shelton & Spiegelman called "Saturday Minf*ckee Funnies".

IMG_1212_zps50202076.jpg

In 1987, Kitchen Sink produced 2 speciality picture disks, one of Omaha The Cat Dancer and one of the Spirit (Will Eisner). The Omaha disk included a separate lyric sheet, the Spirit's lyrics are on the front side of the disk.

Here the Spirit disk, to my knowledge, the first one ever offered on these boards. The disk is in like new condition and is in the original plastic holder (holder is VG-kinda wrinkled)..........................................$49.

Front

IMG_1386_zps1636e1d1.jpg

Back

IMG_1387_zps4b83c902.jpg