• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Experience selling big copper/modern runs?

26 posts in this topic

Is $16-$18 dollars per long box really the going rate for modern stuff right now?

Assuming that your box has 225 comics in it, which is probably about normal, then that works out to something like $0.07 per book.

That is almost insulting.

Now I know that these books may not be the OMG HOT GOTTA HAVE IT books of the moment, but surely they are worth more than that.

Even most comic shops have quarter boxes for damaged/old drek and you have to assume that if this collection is boxed and possibly bagged and boarded, then they are probably in good condition

I just shudder to think that a persons collection that they may have spent years building and cataloging, my only be worth $100 or so bucks when they pass on.

My LCS pays $.10 a book. Having someone pay $.07 and pick them up seems like a deal.

I worked for him at one point and spent the entire time counting books and making sure nothing of value was in boxes upon boxes of drek. Some of it was stuff I'd paid $3.99 off the rack 6 months earlier (stuff like Ultimatum for instance). He was in the process of clearing out inventory to someone who was paying $.05 and then flipping them to a flea market in some other state for $.10.

Copper and modern stuff just has no value.

And I've heard good things about MyComicShops system online. I was going to look into it over the summer when I have some more time. I'd try that and let us know how it goes. I've only heard a few stories about it.

I discussed it with October via PM, and we determined we're not a good fit for this particular situation. October needs a way to sell a portion of the collection (late bronze/modern) quickly with minimal effort, ideally to somebody who can pick them up from him locally.

We generally aren't looking for bulk deals of 80s/90s books unless the seller is able to record the books into our online buying system first, so we know what books are in the deal and can provide our best offer to the seller (and avoid buying bulk books that are worth less than the cost to ship them to us).

I know time/space is an issue but if it wasn't then i would break them up into titles/runs and sell them. If they are high grade then the main titles will go quickly. Runs of ASM, X-Men, FF, Batman, etc are always in demand. Either here or on eBay.

After selling off the runs you could give away the drek to charity and still make more than selling to a shop. Also what about keys? ASM 300, NM 98 etc?