• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NOW SUMMARIZED (pg 9) - If you could only read 3 moderns what would they be?

94 posts in this topic

Anyone out there have a list that is NOT dominated by Image?

Probably just people not reading Image comics.

:hi: my pull list has 20-30 Marvel books on average for the last few years. But the question was implying story quality. It's my love of the characters though, that keeps it that way.

All New X-Men is my current favourite comic, and Rucka's Punisher was my favourite until it ended. Fatale and Revival made my list because they are really good, but if i ACTUALLY had to pear down my pull list to three.

All New X-Men, Wolverine, and Uncanny Avengers would likely be it.

I didnt list those though, because i was trying to list the top 3 by quality i am currently reading.

This thread is closed as far as I'm concerned, thank you for all the suggestions. Since I'm a numbers guy I put all this data in a spreadsheet and summarized it.

1 - Saga is the clear winner (hence my WTB thread)

2 - I'm surprise that WD is clearly the 2nd place winner, does this book become great? I read about the first 10 issues and thought it was blah - I'll give it another shot, picked up the Compendium.

3 - tied for 3rd are Batman (see DC did get some love) and Nowhere Men

4 - lots of books right below that (Invincible, MP, PP, Revivial, Mind Mgt, 6th Gun, Bedlam)

Lots to go on here guys, thanks again.

This thread is closed as far as I'm concerned, thank you for all the suggestions. Since I'm a numbers guy I put all this data in a spreadsheet and summarized it.

1 - Saga is the clear winner (hence my WTB thread)

2 - I'm surprise that WD is clearly the 2nd place winner, does this book become great? I read about the first 10 issues and thought it was blah - I'll give it another shot, picked up the Compendium.

3 - tied for 3rd are Batman (see DC did get some love) and Nowhere Men

4 - lots of books right below that (Invincible, MP, PP, Revivial, Mind Mgt, 6th Gun, Bedlam)

Lots to go on here guys, thanks again.

The first Saga tpb is on sale on Amazon for $6.17 it contains the first 6 issues I believe.

The first Saga tpb is on sale on Amazon for $6.17 it contains the first 6 issues I believe.

That probably would have a been a better choice but I just picked up a NM 1st print run from 1-11. Figure I can always sell it if I don't like it (because apparently everyone else loves the book).

All pick some different ones for fun

Injustice - Great alternative world where Superman takes over after suffering a horrible loss.

Todd the Ugliest Kidd on Earth - Best book you aren't reading currently.

Star Wars - Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, and Darth Vader in new/old adventures. Whats not to like?

That probably would have a been a better choice but I just picked up a NM 1st print run from 1-11. Figure I can always sell it if I don't like it (because apparently everyone else loves the book).

Wow - just finished Saga 1-12 and now I finally know what all the fuss is about. GREAT BOOK! I also read all the Bedlams and Revivals, which are also solid books, but not even in the same league as Saga IMO. Looks like the book now has another devoted follower.

Wow - just finished Saga 1-12 and now I finally know what all the fuss is about. GREAT BOOK! I also read all the Bedlams and Revivals, which are also solid books, but not even in the same league as Saga IMO. Looks like the book now has another devoted follower.

SAGAH :sumo:

Yeah, it's a great read. Really like it.