• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #409 question..

30 posts in this topic

Didn't DC have a program with some educational boards to help teach remedial english with comic books,...perhaps this was a book that was geared towards elementary students who spoke spanish as a primary language,...

I've got all of those. They were called Superman AA and Superman BB Teachers Editions. They're very different to this.

Didn't DC have a program with some educational boards to help teach remedial english with comic books,...perhaps this was a book that was geared towards elementary students who spoke spanish as a primary language,...

I've got all of those. They were called Superman AA and Superman BB Teachers Editions. They're very different to this.

What a surprise again, another me, me, me post from Ian. sleeping.gif

First look in the variants indicia for any notation. if you have both issues (variant and regular) handy, compare them page by page and see if any ads stick out or differ.

I'm guessing a newstand edition in the Southwest or Texas where the Spanish speaking population is a majority in certain areas, maybe even Florida.

Or a newspaper insert giveaway? Whatis that story about anyway? Very interesting variant but could it also follow that 410 and on have the same variation?

First look in the variants indicia for any notation. if you have both issues (variant and regular) handy, compare them page by page and see if any ads stick out or differ.

I'm guessing a newstand edition in the Southwest or Texas where the Spanish speaking population is a majority in certain areas, maybe even Florida.

Or a newspaper insert giveaway? Whatis that story about anyway? Very interesting variant but could it also follow that 410 and on have the same variation?

I don't have a regular one handy but I can get one....sounds like a good idea. I pulled this out of a box mixed with the other numbers/regular editions in the series and did not notice any other issues to have this. I have not read it yet either being that it was one of numerous issues I picked up.

I don't have a regular one handy but I can get one....sounds like a good idea. I pulled this out of a box mixed with the other numbers/regular editions in the series and did not notice any other issues to have this. I have not read it yet either being that it was one of numerous issues I picked up.

Great spot thumbsup2.gif I'll keep my eyes peeled and ears open on this and any other superhombre variants... another thought: toy giveaways usually vary from the regular edition - any Superman/DC related action figures come out that year?

Very interesting variant there. The only thing I know is that the same "Superhombre" symbol was used on the cover of Adventure Comics #304. Could this be some sort of test market issue?

I knew that logo rang a bell.

Well there's two variants I don't have.