• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which auction houses press?

22 posts in this topic

I'm not certain, but I don't believe we (mycomicshop) have ever had a book pressed. None that I've arranged or been involved with. Buddy's position (and therefore the company's) is that he is not anti-pressing so long as it is non-destructive and doesn't damage the book. He's open to pressing, it's just not something we've ever pursued up to this point. Me, personally, I'd prefer to focus our attention on growing our seller/buyer base by providing a fair, open marketplace rather than worrying about "maximizing" individual books.

If a consignor came to us with questions about pressing, I'd be happy to discuss the option with them, but it's not something we actively review or go out of our way to promote. I think the type of consignor who would be most interested in pressing is already savvy enough to take care of it on their own through one of the pressing services without needing any advice from us.

All of them.

I thought as much. Is this something they do as a default as I see lots of pressable books on cc and cl? Or do they target the high dollar books and leave the crumbs?

If a comic book has value then expect that the sellers in the know did their best to maximize it value potential.

Many people like to knock Ebay,BUT you will get a better shot at a non-pressed book there.

In fact I know people who buy books on Ebay,then get them pressed then sell on the other auction sites. (thumbs u