• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

To digress for a moment, I purposely avoid the common rave "bone-white". Have you all taken a close look at bones? 27_laughing.gif They typically have gray areas, and from the elderly have a distinctive yellow tinge. Many of my books look alot better than most bones, and don't deserve the besmirching reference. yeahok.gif

What are you, a doctor or something? Oh, right...

Nice book. It`s so hard to find white cover Marvels that don`t end up developing that typical Marvel "oil paper" yellowing.

Nice book. It`s so hard to find white cover Marvels that don`t end up developing that typical Marvel "oil paper" yellowing.

One of the things that I wished CGC downgraded for (at least a little). To me the yellowing on the cover (or a dust shadow) is more detrimental to the comic book than Pr*ss*ng.

Although I'm not a big fan of TTA, Marie Severin is extremely overlooked. It's always Kirby this, and Kirby that 893blahblah.gif, but some of her TTA covers stand up to anything Kirby did, IMO.

Although I'm not a big fan of TTA, Marie Severin is extremely overlooked. It's always Kirby this, and Kirby that 893blahblah.gif, but some of her TTA covers stand up to anything Kirby did, IMO.

There's certainly no doubting the coolness of her rendition of the Surfer on TTA93, COI. Kirby, though, did many outstanding TTA covers (even though many others were clearly rush jobs lacking the usual Kirby details), including 57 and 67.

My favorite Marie Severin cover work is actually the Not Brand Ecch stuff - they still crack me up!

Killer TTA #93.

Thanks!!!!!

I hope in a few weeks I can show 893crossfingers-thumb.gif the DD #26 CGC 9.4 PC copy.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Although, I hear that captains_of_industry guy is a shipping profiteer. grin.gif

Although, I hear that captains_of_industry guy is a shipping profiteer.

Yeah, that dollar is definitely gonna factor into my final bid. tongue.gif

I hear you didn't get the book until a few days ago.

Also, what Bronze keys are you looking for? Feel free to PM as it's possible that I have some or know who does.

Yep. I decided very quickly to sell since DD's are heating up and since it's not a key, I can live without it. All my key SA are locked tight though(unless I upgrade, of course).

Thanks for the offer, and I'll add you to my contact list. I'm considering( 893crossfingers-thumb.gif) a few deals for some really ultra high grade Bronze to kick start my collection. Luckily, 9.6/9.8 bronze is a lot more available than Silver, as long as you can stomach the multiples. insane.gif

I'm considering trying for Moondog's ASM #122 in February, but I'll likely get my arse handed to me.

Arrived freshly-slabbed from Sarasota about 45 minutes ago. Thanks to Vincent at Metropolis for dead-on grading of the raw book. This is one book the vultures won't get their hands on to try pressing into a 9.8!

dardevil26big.jpg

I'll have two more later today, the GR Brave & Bold 61 & 62 via Greggy, also just slabbed.

Arrived freshly-slabbed from Sarasota about 45 minutes ago. Thanks to Vincent at Metropolis for dead-on grading of the raw book. This is one book the vultures won't get their hands on to try pressing into a 9.8!

dardevil26big.jpg

Why press it indeed? It's virtually unimprovable........

Killer book with a great cover, btw.

I love this cover......that was one of the first issues I originally bought off the stands, in my earlier incarnation as Kid Charlemagne. Always loved the blue of the Stiltman's costume against the grey background, and the birdseye persepective. Interesting to note how many Daredevil covers of that era featured a grey background.

Very nice pick ups, Steve! thumbsup2.gif That TTA 60 is hard to find in great structural shape, although I've seen more than a few that had killer gloss. That TTA 61 is fabulous too, it looks like the white cover Northlands managed to avoid that "oily paper yellow" so common in Marvels.

Brad, that's a terrific looking book, and I don't just mean the number on the label. Colan did so many wonderful Silver Age covers for DD and other titles that really show well with the absence of word balloons. thumbsup2.gif

Steve, those are tough books to get in such sweet condition. Although the cover to TTA60 looks like a bit of a rush job by Kirby, the re-appearance of Hulk in his own monthly series makes this a worthy minor key.

So which book has superior whiteness preservation on the covers, the White Mountain 60 or the Northland 61?