• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

1000th post on this thread!

Probably the best thread I have started.

yay.gif

Now, I just have to buy some more pedigree books. insane.gifHaven't bought any in the past month as I have been buying big dollar, non pedigree books.

Every serious SA pedigree collector should own at least one!

I agree. But unfortunately they are not as easy to find as most of the other pedigrees. And one of the problems in my opinion with this pedigree, is that most of the ones sold on the market, are NOT SUPER examples.

I've own 4 Daredevils (sold all but one) and the one that was a 9.4 (the others were 9.2's), looked pretty bad. And while I would have loved to own the TTA #44 CGC 9.4 that was offer several times, it had discoloration at the top right corner. It's my guess that most of the good Curator runs are locked up in a few collectors vaults, and are not available.

I agree. But unfortunately they are not as easy to find as most of the other pedigrees. And one of the problems in my opinion with this pedigree, is that most of the ones sold on the market, are NOT SUPER examples.

Case in point, I just bought an X-Men #43 Curator in 9.4. and it has a green printers line across the top which I'm not thrilled about. But I was happy with the price. Make mine a Pacific Coast if you please... frown.gif

Case in point, I just bought an X-Men #43 Curator in 9.4. and it has a green printers line across the top which I'm not thrilled about. But I was happy with the price. Make mine a Pacific Coast if you please...

I've had PC copies that had a little ink also. And some of the later 60's issues are a touch yellow.

Every pedigree during certain periods has flaws from a manufacturing/distributing or aging, point of view.

The beauty of PC copies (and it seems like Northlands also), is that without seeing the book, I can be pretty sure it's not dramatically miscut. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'd put him on "ignore" for a week for that comment!

Then I guess you'll have to miss out on the new Nohands post, huh? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

poke2.gif

Don't make me pull this car over!

Oh, all right.

As I said, sweet book! thumbsup2.gif I can only hope there's a Pacific Coast ToS in my future collection. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Muucho Grande Sweeeeeeeeeet!

What are the oldest books in the Pacific Coast? Anyone know?

Good Question:

I discussed this with Doug Schmell and it seems that FF #7 (Oct 1962) is the first PC that wasn't bought second hand. There is a PC of TTA #27 and Hulk #1, but the grades are much lower then the usual PC books, so either they were bought second hand or (and this is my theory), the owner used them like comic books should be used (i.e. read them). Obviously, by FF #7, they are unread (as there is almost no way there could be a lot of 9.8's and still be read, even carefully).