• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

Thanks Goldust.

I really appreciate the back cover stamp info. I am still waiting for the book to reach Australia at the moment but when it arrives i will have a good look at the back cover.

It may sound quite funny to many of you guys/gals who live in the USA. but a lot of these names don't mean a great deal to me as yet. It would make about as much sense as me rattling of name of places located in Australia I guess.

I have looked at several USA maps to get a rough idea as to where certain Pedigree's originate from. I just like to share my active imagination with you all now & then. screwy.gif

Anyway I do plan to visit your wonderful country In a few years & hopefully visit the areas that some of thes Pedigree's originate from. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Until then any information is appreciated. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks again

Ausie Russ..

The Bethlehem collection was huge. It includes a ton of 50's books and in many cases they are the highest certified (so far).

The main problem is that a lot of the books (mostly the one's from the 50's) have dust shadows on the back cover (and sometimes pretty heavy).

Also, many of the Silver-Age superhero books (and DC late 50's-early 60's Sci-Fi titles) have date stamps on the front cover, so that's a negative for some collectors.

FF13 Northland was graded VF/NM by Motor City, and received an 8.5Q from CGC.

Obviously, there would be exceptions. Plus it's possible a slight amount of damage occured AFTER Motor City sold the book.

Why is it Qualified?

No damage to the book after Motor City sold it, since they sold it to me and it instantly went into a mylar fortress with fullback, and then a heavy comic box. And, yes, while there will certainly be exceptions, this is the one and only Northland book that I purchased raw and subsequently had encapsulated.

Qualified grade because the centerfold is detached at one staple. I didn't notice it, nor did Motor City, leaving me to wonder whether the defect was there originally, or happened when CGC was thumbing through doing their page count and inspection.

In a few years & hopefully visit the areas that some of thes Pedigree's originate from. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Well that is an interesting concept for a trip through this country! Let's see, among the pedigree "destinations", I suppose I would most highly recommend visiting the origins of the Pacific Coast collection - you can find alot to enjoy in Southern California. As far as Bethlehem, Pennsylvania is concerned, it is a small industrial town an hour outside Philadelphia, and I suspect they get VERY few Aussie tourists. smirk.gif

Qualified grade because the centerfold is detached at one staple. I didn't notice it, nor did Motor City, leaving me to wonder whether the defect was there originally, or happened when CGC was thumbing through doing their page count and inspection.

Fair enough on the grade. But like you said, neither you nor Motor City noticed the centerfold was detached. Of course, CGC finds things wrong with books that most collectors / dealers don't see, which is why CGC is in business.

Thanks Goldust.

I really appreciate the back cover stamp info. I am still waiting for the book to reach Australia at the moment but when it arrives i will have a good look at the back cover.

It may sound quite funny to many of you guys/gals who live in the USA. but a lot of these names don't mean a great deal to me as yet. It would make about as much sense as me rattling of name of places located in Australia I guess.

I have looked at several USA maps to get a rough idea as to where certain Pedigree's originate from. I just like to share my active imagination with you all now & then. screwy.gif

Anyway I do plan to visit your wonderful country In a few years & hopefully visit the areas that some of thes Pedigree's originate from. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Until then any information is appreciated. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks again

Ausie Russ..

Not all the Bethlehems had a stamp on the back cover. I know this for certain.

In a few years & hopefully visit the areas that some of thes Pedigree's originate from. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Well that is an interesting concept for a trip through this country! Let's see, among the pedigree "destinations", I suppose I would most highly recommend visiting the origins of the Pacific Coast collection - you can find alot to enjoy in Southern California. As far as Bethlehem, Pennsylvania is concerned, it is a small industrial town an hour outside Philadelphia, and I suspect they get VERY few Aussie tourists. smirk.gif

Colorado, where the Church and Salida pedigrees came from, ain't such bad places to visit either.

Colorado, where the Church and Salida pedigrees came from, ain't such bad places to visit either.

893applaud-thumb.gif Way to represent, Tim! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I knew my pimpin' of the pedigree would pay off! grin.gif

Uh oh, I gotta go answer some nasty PMs from Greggy now .... frown.gif

Mack Daddy Alan

893applaud-thumb.gif Way to represent, Tim! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I knew my pimpin' of the pedigree would pay off! grin.gif

Uh oh, I gotta go answer some nasty PMs from Greggy now .... frown.gif

Mack Daddy Alan

Sorry Alan, I was in a rush. I should have said "the well recognized Church pedigree and the less well-known Salida pedigree which has been officially recognized as such by CGC but the status of which is still a source of much controversy within the comic collecting hobby due to the generally unexceptional structural quality and limited number of books in the collection, notwithstanding the touching story behind the collection and the exceptional gloss and page quality of the books". poke2.gif

Of course, if you were to recognize that the pedigrees which encompass early silver age books, such as White Mountain, Pacific Coast and Western Penn, are legitimate pedigrees, then I might be willing to reverse the above qualification above. wink.gif

Tim the Quid Pro Quo Guy

Heck yeah! Colorado's a nice place to visit - even better to live here.

Oh yeah - here's a pedigree for you...

avengers236vt.jpg

I freakin' love this cover! cloud9.gif

OK. I understand that I am bending the rules here by posting a comic from the "Dallas Stephens Collection" but here it is. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Please forgive me oh great Pedigree god for I have sinned, I purchased a half baked comic belonging to a collection. I must repent. sorry.gif

I still love it though.. takeit.gif

826995-Ironman1DallasStephens001.jpg

826995-Ironman1DallasStephens001.jpg.b7a0f4b54eb6344ce063891a3005334d.jpg

Edited by AussieRuss

While things are on a roll here are three of my "Mille High II" books.

This is an interesting Collection/Pedigree.

Although I believe it to be of collection status it is worth recognising that CGC place the words "Mile High II" in the area reserved for Pedigree'd books. If it was viewed by CGC as a collection the words "Mile High II" should be placed in the same location as with other collections like "Nic Cage" & Dallas Stephens" 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have heard that CGC recognise it as a pedigree but other groups eg: GPAnalisys do not recognise it as a pedigree and will not list the words "MHII" on the sales data. (George, If I have this wrong please correct me.) confused-smiley-013.gif

These come with a lovely embossed Certificate.

Anyhow here they are.

826997-XmenAnnualCertMileHighII001.jpg

826997-XmenAnnualMileHighII001.jpg

826997-SpecialMarvelEdition19.4MHII.jpg

826997-SuperVillianTeamUpMileHighII001.jpg

826997-SuperVillianTeamUpMileHighII001.jpg.da8ea1710bd968fd0d2369a57500c6cc.jpg

Edited by AussieRuss

Although I believe it to be of collection status it is worth recognising that CGC place the words "Mile High II" in the area reserved for Pedigree'd books. If it was viewed by CGC as a collection the words "Mile High II" should be placed in the same location as with other collections like "Nic Cage" & Dallas Stephens" 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have heard that CGC recognise it as a pedigree but other groups eg: GPAnalisys do not recognise it as a pedigree and will not list the words "MHII" on the sales data. (George, If I have this wrong please correct me.) confused-smiley-013.gif

Hi Russell - I think CGC puts the Nic Cage/Dallas Stephens notation on the label, but they are certainly NOT pedigrees, or recognized as such (not in the classic definition of pedigree anyway).

Initially we did note MH2 sales, even though this was not originally noted on the CGC label. And more recently the MH2 has appeared on the labels. They usually bring in a higher result and hence why we originally noted the MH2s.

I don't think the NC/DS books have generally brought in a higher sale price, but I'm in categorization so I can't say for sure. It's something for George or Simon to report on as they are closer to the market reports.

Cheers

Rich

I don't think the NC/DS books have generally brought in a higher sale price, but I'm in categorization so I can't say for sure. It's something for George or Simon to report on as they are closer to the market reports.

Cheers

Rich

Thanks for the feedback Rich. thumbsup2.gif

By the way, well done on breaking through the 2000 subscriber mark with GPAnalysis. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Keep up the great work.

Regards,

Aussie Russ...

Sorry Alan, I was in a rush. I should have said "the well recognized Church pedigree and the less well-known Salida pedigree which has been officially recognized as such by CGC but the status of which is still a source of much controversy within the comic collecting hobby due to the generally unexceptional structural quality and limited number of books in the collection, notwithstanding the touching story behind the collection and the exceptional gloss and page quality of the books".poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif Thanks, Tim. First laugh I've had from these boards in I don't know how long.

Of course, if you were to recognize that the pedigrees which encompass early silver age books, such as White Mountain, Pacific Coast and Western Penn, are legitimate pedigrees, then I might be willing to reverse the above qualification above.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I'll give ya Bethlehem (even with their "unexceptional structural quality") and maybe Curator because the story around it is so unique ... and if hard-pressed for another might even be persuaded to throw in Green River, again, for the story and because I like Brad more than you (poke2.gif).

But WM, PC, and WP? tongue.gif

Alan the Purist

Hi Russell - I think CGC puts the Nic Cage/Dallas Stephens notation on the label, but they are certainly NOT pedigrees, or recognized as such (not in the classic definition of pedigree anyway).

Initially we did note MH2 sales, even though this was not originally noted on the CGC label. And more recently the MH2 has appeared on the labels. They usually bring in a higher result and hence why we originally noted the MH2s.

Cheers

Rich

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Thanks for the info, but the issues of Pedigree was skirted. MH2 IS NOT A PEDIGREE makepoint.gif I Own 5 of them (see have a cigar for the most recent 2) with all apologies to the fab books you posted I would Never post them here.

If I ever do slab them (which I doubt) I will NOT BE INCLUDING THE CERTIFICATE, or in any way, shape, or form alerting CGC that they are MH2. This is the only way I see on righting this glaring injustice to all the other Peds. If I had enough cash I would buy every MH2 I could and start a bonfire on the Beach with the COAs - Alan you could fly out and toast marshmellows grin.gif

They are great books - but a warehouse find and not original owner off the stand purchases. makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifnews.gifnews.gif

Is nothing 893censored-thumb.gif sacred in this hobby anymore. sumo.gif

Cheers

Rich

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Thanks for the info, but the issues of Pedigree was skirted. MH2 IS NOT A PEDIGREE makepoint.gif I Own 5 of them (see have a cigar for the most recent 2) with all apologies to the fab books you posted I would Never post them here.

If I ever do slab them (which I doubt) I will NOT BE INCLUDING THE CERTIFICATE, or in any way, shape, or form alerting CGC that they are MH2. This is the only way I see on righting this glaring injustice to all the other Peds. If I had enough cash I would buy every MH2 I could and start a bonfire on the Beach with the COAs - Alan you could fly out and toast marshmellows grin.gif

They are great books - but a warehouse find and not original owner off the stand purchases. makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifnews.gifnews.gif

Is nothing 893censored-thumb.gif sacred in this hobby anymore. sumo.gif

Hello.

I thought posting my MH2 books might stir up a little emotion.

As I stated in my very first line I think that MH2 books are a collection not a Pedigree. BUT....

It is not what you or I think that really matters at the end of the day.

With Dallas Stephens books & Nic Cage books, the words are placed below the comic name. This represents a std non pedigree book with some attached significance.

Mile High 2 has the words "Mile High 2" posted in the area reserved for Pedigree & file copy books.

This means that CGC must recognise MH2 as a Pedigree or they would not place the words where they are.

Now before people point the finger at me for saying such things remember I am one of the people that don't class it as a pedigree. Just as I dont class any of the File copy's as a pedigree. I class them as just that, a "File Copy"

We will all have areas that we dispute when pedigree's are talked about and if the words "Purchased new from newstand" are used I need to have the MH2, Gaines file copy etc explained in more detail.

A line needs to be drawn in the sand. In my opinion the rules for what defines a pedigree should be very clearly stated and once laid down they should be followed to the letter. Ther can be none of the opinions that I often hear including "Gaines file books are not a true Pedigree as they were not purchased of the newstand but I allow it to be one because of what he gave to the comic community ...."

Someone like CGC needs to step up to this challenge and clear the air. This will end all debate and set the record straight. Not doing so is only tarnishing the name of these great Pedigree's, File copies & Collections.

Maybe someone from CGC could update the 3 year old listing of recognised Pedigree's that they have on file. poke2.gif

Till next time, sign-rantpost.gif

Aussie Russ...

... and if hard-pressed for another might even be persuaded to throw in Green River, again, for the story and because I like Brad more than you (poke2.gif).

yay.gif

flowerred.gif Thanks Alan!