• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

Here's an odd duck. The Green River copy of Tales to Astonish #60. After Nikos' had his "situation" resolved over the ASM #11 which was sporting a "bullet hole", I decided to approach the seller about his copy of TTA 60 and negotiate a price. We did, I received it today and it does indeed have a torn section of the front cover right on the left side of Hulk's chest. It's a tear, that is still firmly attached. The first couple of interior pages are slightly torn too.

I figured I needed at least one example of William J. Stevens' "target practice" books for my collection. But one is enough.

tta60big.jpg

I have no idea how this would affect the grading...would it get a green label? Not the worst outcome for a Green River book. I feel like one of those folks who discovers a wounded bird in the back yard.

Oh, and then last night, I ID'd this book in Ghost Town's DD Registry set as being an unlabled Green River. I'm 100% sure it's a GR. He was kind enough to send me a larger scan for my website.

daredevil13big.jpg

Can't top a GR example in which the Hulk has been shot!

One of the most underrated of the Silver Age pedigrees is the Golden State. Not even recognized on CGC labels, books from this collection are not only of near-uniformly high grade, but have terrific cover colors and whiteness (just check out the incredibly well-preserved back covers), outstanding page quality, and very little in the way of transfer staining. Here is one purchased directly from SNE and only recently slabbed:

DD6.jpg

Great books, Stuart. acclaim.gif

I always have had a fondness for that era reflected in #54, where they would present full color figures in the foreground against backgrounds with a more limited color palette.

Red

Nice Tales. I wonder if he uniformly stopped endorsing his books in June 1964, as your books suggest?

Nice TOS run, Nochips!

Unfortunately, the OO continued to write on the cover of most of his books well into '65 (for example, the Spidey 25 in my collection). From '66 on, the covers are clean, and the collection really stands out for quality.

Great books, Stuart. acclaim.gif

I always have had a fondness for that era reflected in #54, where they would present full color figures in the foreground against backgrounds with a more limited color palette.

Red

I agree. Here is one of my favorite covers from the era, and one of the last really cool Kirby covers in the early FF run. Note the perspective, Sue Storm in particular seems to reasonate with a 3-D quality against the background and foreground elements. Kirby magic at its greatest.

Um..and I'm pretty sure its from the Mannarino...um...(cough).."Pedigree" smile.gif

1127155559069_FF18CGC8.5a.JPG

Here is my first Pedigree, a TTA 98 Big Apple copy. Reading through SFilosa' ped spreadsheets have gotten me curious and looking to get a few peds, esp Hulk TTA's. I have my eye on a few. If anyone has any for sale, reasonably priced in the vf to vf/nm, lmk. flowerred.gif

TTA98front.jpg