• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any love for the Valiant reboot?

634 posts in this topic

The problem is the general public doesn't have any idea who any of the Valiant characters are.

I think they should do some licensing and maybe a cartoon on adult swim or something first.

Magnus came close, though not Valiant anymore.

magnus-robot-fighter-cartoon.jpg

Matias-Hannecke-Magnus-color.png

How many armours were seen in IM3? And people don't think an X-O movie is feasible??

???

-slym

As I said above, X-O would be the one to lead with due to so many popular themes - Roman Empire (Rome series, Gladiator, Spartacus, etc.) + Conan + Iron Man + Secret Alien infiltrators/invasion = winner. Doing the CGI for the film is child's play now.

How many armours were seen in IM3? And people don't think an X-O movie is feasible??

???

-slym

As I said above, X-O would be the one to lead with due to so many popular themes - Roman Empire (Rome series, Gladiator, Spartacus, etc.) + Conan + Iron Man + Secret Alien infiltrators/invasion = winner. Doing the CGI for the film is child's play now.

Do you think it could backfire though? I'd be worried that the general public would think to themselves "eh... its just a Conan / Ironman rip off."

???

-slym

Do you think it could backfire though? I'd be worried that the general public would think to themselves "eh... its just a Conan / Ironman rip off."

If it is done poorly, then sure. However, if they do a good job setting up the story and developing the character, as well as introducing the Alien infiltration on Earth, then it should do well. They have to make Aric more than just a brute in armor to have it work, though. FWIW, they could also tie in the Eternal Warrior in the Ancient rome bits just like in the new book to set up another franchise. Maybe even introduce Ninjak at some point as well.

So I'm a complete noob to this verse. Unity drops tomorrow and that's an ok entry point?

Neal Adams cover is sweet brow.

I haven't read the issue yet, but all the VEI guys say it will be a good introduction to the universe. I dont have an extensive Valiant history, so no fanboyism here; but I think they put out the best "superhero" books on the market. Interesting, character driven stories.

First trades are cheap as well. If you like Unity, consider picking a few of those up. Personally I love Harbinger and X-O. Harbinger started off with kind of weak art, but that is one hell of a story.

So I'm a complete noob to this verse. Unity drops tomorrow and that's an ok entry point?

Neal Adams cover is sweet brow.

Yes, but don't think you need to read all the titles to enjoy a series. If you're going to read anything grab Harbinger, it's been the best all-around book.

Valiant books continue to be awesome, but there's not a lot of speculating, pump and dump going on... like other current publishers.

So, Valiant as a discussion topic isn't as popular around these parts. lol

In reality, most Valiant discussion is at the ValiantFans.com forum (2,500+ members, 800,000+ posts)... and the CGC forum isn't really the place to host lively Valiant talk.

To get us back on track... Unity #1 was very good. :cloud9:

Yeah, almost 40 pages of responses = "not much love"

:facepalm:

-slym

For the CGC boards that is not much love at all. (shrug)

However, as Greg pointed out, the best place to talk Valiant is on his site. I would highly recommend it to anyone that wants to become better informed about anything Valiant. (thumbs u

It can also be a good place to pick up back issues if anyone is looking for them.