• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any love for the Valiant reboot?

634 posts in this topic

Is bloodshot a good read?

I read over 100 titles per month and I can say without blinking that nearly everything Valiant has put out has been a good read.

Shadowman has been very shaky but believe it or not two of the issues have been the best Valiant has put out thus far. The new direction it is heading [with the new team] has been fantastic but we will see how things go. I feel like this title has either been a homerun or a strike out month to month.

I read over 100 titles per month and I can say without blinking that nearly everything Valiant has put out has been a good read.

Shadowman has been very shaky but believe it or not two of the issues have been the best Valiant has put out thus far. The new direction it is heading [with the new team] has been fantastic but we will see how things go. I feel like this title has either been a homerun or a strike out month to month.

I've fallen behind in my monthlies...they're piling up but haven't gotten to it. I hope Shadowman has been revamped like everyone has said it's been with the new team.

I've fallen behind in my monthlies...they're piling up but haven't gotten to it. I hope Shadowman has been revamped like everyone has said it's been with the new team.

MUCH much darker and the art fits perfect as well. IMO if this was how Shadowman started it would be their #1 book.

MUCH much darker and the art fits perfect as well. IMO if this was how Shadowman started it would be their #1 book.

Then maybe I'll make an exception and get reading! It was always my favorite book, I have all Shadowmans, including the Full-Size Special Edition, and #16 GITD.

Then maybe I'll make an exception and get reading! It was always my favorite book, I have all Shadowmans, including the Full-Size Special Edition, and #16 GITD.

I love me some Shadowman :-)

2uekw0n.jpg

rh0qdi.jpg

2urml9e.jpg

30aex6o.jpg

2uekw0n.jpg

rh0qdi.jpg

2urml9e.jpg

30aex6o.jpg

:o

Hoarder! Just kidding, very nice books. Seeing a Full Size SE in 9.8 is remarkable, I doubt people realize: 1) how rare that books is, and 2) how difficult it is to get in NM+ condition.

2uekw0n.jpg

rh0qdi.jpg

2urml9e.jpg

30aex6o.jpg

:o

Hoarder! Just kidding, very nice books. Seeing a Full Size SE in 9.8 is remarkable, I doubt people realize: 1) how rare that books is, and 2) how difficult it is to get in NM+ condition.

IIRC I have 5-6 other full size also :-P.

Book is VERY hard to find and near impossible to find in 9.8. I jumped within seconds once this one went up for sale 4-5 years ago

Artist?

I like it!

-slym

BLOODSHOT AND H.A.R.D. CORPS: H.A.R.D. CORPS #0

Written by CHRISTOS GAGE & JOSHUA DYSART

Art by VALENTINE DE LANDRO, CHRISCROSS and JOSEPH COOPER

Cover by ARTURO LOZZI (DEC131318)

Pullbox Exclusive Variant by MIGUEL SEPULVEDA (DEC131319)

Variant Cover by LEWIS LAROSA (DEC131320)

$3.99/T+/32 pgs.

ON SALE 2/26/14 (FOC – 2/3/14)

Has Unity resulted in a sales boost for the regular titles? I still see copies of Unity 1 at LCSs and hope it resulted in a bit of a spike in interest for the other titles.

Nope.

Agreed. It seems like sales are dropping significantly. (shrug)

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2013/2013-12.html

DG

Has Unity resulted in a sales boost for the regular titles? I still see copies of Unity 1 at LCSs and hope it resulted in a bit of a spike in interest for the other titles.

Nope.

DG

I think total sales haven't dropped, have they? It's not surprising new books will cannibalize sales of established books.

Nope.

DG

I think total sales haven't dropped, have they? It's not surprising new books will cannibalize sales of established books.

I was answering the question if Unity resulted in a boost in sales of the other titles. Those other titles do seem to have dropped a bit in the past couple of months.

Next month should be a good indication of Unity's effect on the sales of the other books.

Nope.

DG

To be honest, that is a bad sign. What you want is for established books to keep increasing in sales while adding new titles to boost overall sales. If the new releases are indeed canibalizing the established titles then what that tells me is that you have a small readership that is jumping from titles as they are not hooked on them.

I hope that this is just a temporary blip and that there is some sort of lasting bump from Unity for the entire line. However, I do know that at the couple of LCSs I go to regularly the only titles that are holding up relatively well are X-O and A&A.

Nope.

DG

To be honest, that is a bad sign. What you want is for established books to keep increasing in sales while adding new titles to boost overall sales. If the new releases are indeed canibalizing the established titles then what that tells me is that you have a small readership that is jumping from titles as they are not hooked on them.

I hope that this is just a temporary blip and that there is some sort of lasting bump from Unity for the entire line. However, I do know that at the couple of LCSs I go to regularly the only titles that are holding up relatively well are X-O and A&A.

I don't agree with this logic at all, all titles have been on a gradual downtrend per title, but company wide sales have been on a gradual uptrend. So it's really unrealistic to think Unity would bring blanket-wide increases per title. And the sales per title do not capture the true readership. I think it's less a product of readers switching to titles, then users coming in and out of title, switching a title to trades, or switching a title to digital. I never in a million years would have thought about switching to digital but I'm pretty damn close now.

Nope.

DG

I don't agree with this logic at all, all titles have been on a gradual downtrend per title, but company wide sales have been on a gradual uptrend. So it's really unrealistic to think Unity would bring blanket-wide increases per title. And the sales per title do not capture the true readership. I think it's less a product of readers switching to titles, then users coming in and out of title, switching a title to trades, or switching a title to digital. I never in a million years would have thought about switching to digital but I'm pretty damn close now.

I would hope their goal is not to simply publish more comics. Their goal should be to publish comics that are profitable and grow in readership.

I think it's a very safe bet that the comics are not selling enough to cover production costs, marketing costs, and printing.

The company selling more comics isn't a good thing if the comics are losing money after overhead is paid. That just means they are losing more money with every title they add.

A positive sign would be one or two titles with a steady or moderate growth over a 6 month period. I haven't seen any of their titles accomplish that.

I think they have proven that flooding the market with variants has a detrimental effect on growing a readership.

DG