• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any love for the Valiant reboot?

634 posts in this topic

Got my Christmas email.

:cloud9:

From everyone at Valiant Entertainment...

We wish you a very merry holiday season and a Valiant New Year!

We'll see you in 2014!

Hey Nick,

How are you printing this one off ? My printer sucks at best.

Got my Christmas email.

:cloud9:

From everyone at Valiant Entertainment...

We wish you a very merry holiday season and a Valiant New Year!

We'll see you in 2014!

Hey Nick,

How are you printing this one off ? My printer sucks at best.

Happy Holidays, Phil. :hi:

I can do a color printing for you on 8.5" x 14" or 11" x 17" if you can wait until after the holidays. Just let me know.

How many armours were seen in IM3? And people don't think an X-O movie is feasible??

???

-slym

As I said above, X-O would be the one to lead with due to so many popular themes - Roman Empire (Rome series, Gladiator, Spartacus, etc.) + Conan + Iron Man + Secret Alien infiltrators/invasion = winner. Doing the CGI for the film is child's play now.

Do you think it could backfire though? I'd be worried that the general public would think to themselves "eh... its just a Conan / Ironman rip off."

If it is done poorly, then sure. However, if they do a good job setting up the story and developing the character, as well as introducing the Alien infiltration on Earth, then it should do well. They have to make Aric more than just a brute in armor to have it work, though. FWIW, they could also tie in the Eternal Warrior in the Ancient rome bits just like in the new book to set up another franchise. Maybe even introduce Ninjak at some point as well.

I like it :)

Valiant makes the Joblo 2013 Top 10 Events List.

Valiant kicks off a new era

Thankfully, Valiant was rescued by Dinesh Shamdeshani and Jason Kothari, who have brought back not only the characters, but the spirit of the original Valiant comics, opening the doors for a new superhero universe beyond the familiar ones of Marvel and DC. Featuring favorites like X-O Manowar, Bloodshot, Archer & Armstrong, Eternal Warrior, Harbinger, Shadowman, Quantum & Woody, and more on the way, the new Valiant, which kicked off in 2012 has continued to rise in notoriety, quality, and quantity, including their first crossover event, Unity, which pays homage to the first Unity crossover in 1992, while establishing a new story and direction for the title. With top notch creators putting out awesome work month-to-month, Valiant has cemented their place in the market as an outstanding alternative to mainstream superhero books.

:whee:

Has Unity resulted in a sales boost for the regular titles? I still see copies of Unity 1 at LCSs and hope it resulted in a bit of a spike in interest for the other titles.

Nope.

There hasn't been enough time to determine the impact of Unity.

It will be February before the sales reflect the results of Unity being on the stands and new orders being taken.

Anyone who says "Nope" at this point doesn't know what they're talking about, and is drinking too much haterade.

My advice is to avoid Valiant altogether... the primary outcome of people reading Valiant is that they REALLY like Valiant.

No one needs to like new comics. It makes it too hard to hate moderns and only buy them to flip them. :baiting:

Has Unity resulted in a sales boost for the regular titles? I still see copies of Unity 1 at LCSs and hope it resulted in a bit of a spike in interest for the other titles.

Nope.

There hasn't been enough time to determine the impact of Unity.

It will be February before the sales reflect the results of Unity being on the stands and new orders being taken.

Anyone who says "Nope" at this point doesn't know what they're talking about, and is drinking too much haterade.

My advice is to avoid Valiant altogether... the primary outcome of people reading Valiant is that they REALLY like Valiant.

No one needs to like new comics. It makes it too hard to hate moderns and only buy them to flip them. :baiting:

The question I read was "has Unity resulted in a sales boost for the regular titles?" not "will Unity result in a sales boost for the regular titles?" For the month that Unity came out, the answer was clearly "no" since sales to retailers on some of the titles fell 10%. No doubt, retailers had to adjust sales on the other titles lower to afford the Unity title. It's possible sales for Unity will boost sales on regular titles going forward. I'm hopeful, but we will have to wait and see.

So, going by the number of voters, what we can glean from this is that Valiant and Zenescope have the most active fanbase?

That being said, I hope that sales numbers have stabilized and will start to grow for the Valiant titles. I have dropped some from my file, but enjoy the others and would like to keep reading them. (thumbs u