• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any love for the Valiant reboot?

634 posts in this topic

You're right... I need to re-calculate.

Valiant sells 9,000 copies per title. There are 8 titles.

OK, so, 72,000 books a month...

Given the number of variants, divided by the number of unsold copies,

carry the two... multiply by the square root of pi... and...

There are exactly 17 Valiant fans.

Thankfully, all 17 of us LOVE the books and we have unlimited disposable incomes.

Woohoo! I'm 1/17th of Valiant's fan base. :whee:

Probably .... :baiting:

:slapfight:

:roflmao:

I can't find many (any) raw Harbinger/X-O Flipbook Blank Con issues on ebay.....do those carry much value?

$20 to $30 when there was plenty on ebay.

Any time there's a "dry spell" the next sale or two can be much higher, if there's been demand with no supply.

I really don't see the point in slabbing blanks covers.

Other than ensuring a 9.8 copy is in your collection... it's a tough thing to justify.

The X-O Manowar / Harbinger blank cover flipbook is perfect for Cary Nord sketches (Sig Series), though.

thanks, but I have 3 I was just wondering what to do with them :lol:

A member on the Valiantfans board had Bernard Chang do sketches of the first 8 issues of Unity from the covers from Solar, Rai, Harbinger, Shadowman, Magnus, Archer and Armstrong, X-O Manowar and Eternal Warrior on his blank sketch covers.

You can find them under the general discussion on the Valiantfans board.

Other than ensuring a 9.8 copy is in your collection... it's a tough thing to justify.

The X-O Manowar / Harbinger blank cover flipbook is perfect for Cary Nord sketches (Sig Series), though.

Is Cary Nord selling any of his Valiant OA yet? It took forever to finally get a couple of Conan covers from him and it would be nice to add some Valiant artwork as well.

Is Cary Nord selling any of his Valiant OA yet? It took forever to finally get a couple of Conan covers from him and it would be nice to add some Valiant artwork as well.

I haven't heard of him selling any.

There's a chance that VEI is buying his art.

I know VEI donated a Nord page from X-O #1 to the Valiant podcast guys for a contest.

I disagree, and so do the 5-10 people who bought one from me! :-)

Indeed, being sure you have a 9.8 is probably the most common reason, but the other reason is to make sure you are starting with a high grade copy before having it signed or sketched, hoping for a yellow label 9.8.

Cracking the slab before signing/sketching is not uncommon.

I haven't heard of him selling any.

There's a chance that VEI is buying his art.

I know VEI donated a Nord page from X-O #1 to the Valiant podcast guys for a contest.

Interesting. I will have to follow up with Cary then. I would like a couple more Conan covers and an X-O piece or two.

I did NOT hack the other members account and vote on my behalf. It was actually quite informative to watch the public vote. People that didn't like my posts voted for me to stay. People that I'd gone out of my way to do favors for said "get rid of him". It really did show the true colors of people.

I'm about to blow your mind... but I seriously doubt you'll understand.

The people who voted for you to stay were voting FOR the first amendment... not FOR you.

Those people were OK with the fact that I would have to perpetually moderate all your interactions on a website called the ValiantComics.com messageboard... where you would not stop telling everyone how much Valiant sucked.

They were OK that people told me that they wanted to be on the site, but they didn't like the "Valiant hate" on a site for Valiant fans.

In other words... those votes for you were OK with you throwing feces in my house.

I'm the one who had to clean it up... and they just saw it as free speech.

The people you'd "gone out of your way to do favors for" realized the situation and said... he's not worth it.

Free speech is great IN PUBLIC, but sometimes, you just gotta get the feces throwers out of your own house and send them back to rural Georgia.

At some point you are going to have to face the fact that Valiant is spending more money than they are earning. At some point your board members are going to have to accept that they've spent so much money on variants that they could've owned an Amazing Fantasy #15 by now. Some of us are debating whether Dynamite's relaunch of the Gold Key characters will further strip Valiant of sales. My prediction is that sales will start dropping further and Valiant will either start reducing titles or tighten up on the budgets they spend on the art. Although I haven't paid much attention to the paper quality, I've read quite a few complaints about the paper they are using.

Do you want to discuss comics or would you like to discuss me some more? Evidently, I'm more interesting than the product Valiant is releasing. This thread was dead for about a month.

DG