• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any love for the Valiant reboot?

634 posts in this topic

I tried to get into the relaunch, but what I read just doesn't hold my interest.

That's not a knock on valiant, I think my tastes in comics has changed as I've got older.

I can still go back and reread pre Unity and Unity and enjoy it. Post Unity and up to the end of the acclaim stuff just doesn't hold my interest any more.

I gave the new valiant up to the end of Planet Death and I had to drop every title, I was wasting my money on something that wasn't holding my interest.

It wasn't the art, I enjoy different styles of art.

Variants? Why do I care how many they make. I'm not buying them. So it isn't that.

For me it is the writing. While I'm sure valiant is hiring what they feel is the best out there, the writing, to me, felt rushed. Stories felt decompressed.

I wish vei nothing but the best. Maybe in a few years I'll go back and try them again.

To everyone's joy here, I'm at a complete loss for words. I really, really, don't think the publisher gets it.

It looks like people should grab a copy of "Must Read Valiant Greatest Hits". Less than 2,000 ordered and only a $2 cover price. (shrug)

DG

To everyone's joy here, I'm at a complete loss for words.

DG

Wouldn't a complete loss of words be not saying anything at all? How about you're only going to complain a little for once?

I figured even you might be slightly excited for Rai as a former Valiant fan.

To everyone's joy here, I'm at a complete loss for words.

DG

Wouldn't a complete loss of words be not saying anything at all? How about you're only going to complain a little for once?

I figured even you might be slightly excited for Rai as a former Valiant fan.

I wonder if he gets together with all his various online screen personalities, and complains about everything.

[DG]"wow I had a bad day, those individual_without_enough_empathys at the valiant boards were all against me, again today!"

[Defiant1] "I hear you chief, you just have to pick your battles"

[bigSexy44] "I don't know what you two are whining about, things are great, I'm awesome...and now I'm off to meet with President Obama."

Methinks that some people should simply put up or shut up.

Send your resume' to the comic publisher / movie studio / whoever you feel constantly misses the mark / is out of touch along with a presentation of your vision on how to run their corporation successfully.

It's very easy to play Monday morning quarterback when you don't know all of the specifics behind the decision.