• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any love for the Valiant reboot?

634 posts in this topic

Quite a few Valiant titles coming to an end.

Yes there will be new titles introduced and merging of characters under one banner but...

Among those ending is Eternal Warrior.

:censored:

Yes there will be new titles introduced and merging of characters under one banner but...

Really enjoying Eternal Warrior. :(

So, the Valiant reboot is already undergoing a mini-reboot? That didn't take very long... I guess this isn't surprising with Marvel doing a reboot of their titles every 12-24 months now. Gotta make sure you have a number 1 on the shelf after all!

:(

So, the Valiant reboot is already undergoing a mini-reboot? That didn't take very long... I guess this isn't surprising with Marvel doing a reboot of their titles every 12-24 months now. Gotta make sure you have a number 1 on the shelf after all!

I think I heard some VE1 guys talking about doing more minis, ala Darkhorse. It makes sense to get more readers an opportunity to jump into a title.

Eternal Warrior should not be hard to do. The whole concept is tying in an event in the characters past to something going on in the character's present. Throw in a flashback here and there, play up the hunted immortal and it writes itself. Highlander did this for years as a TV series. That's what made the original series so good. It was basically Highlander and Quantum Leap as you saw where Gilad was and how he silently affected history.

What a shame.

I think I heard some VE1 guys talking about doing more minis, ala Darkhorse. It makes sense to get more readers an opportunity to jump into a title.

And the irony is Dark Horse has moved to ongoings for titles like Hellboy and BPRD (and so did IDW with Star Trek, Ghostbusters, etc.) because they realized the mini-series confused potential readers of those books. Interesting...

Just finished today's Harbinger #23

I've been enjoying this book since the relaunch and for once, hope that dead in comics doesn't mean dead :cry: Wished it had been one of the other characters.

I'll skip the Armour Hunters tie-ins and jump back on with the new #1 (mini or new volume?) in today's Previews.