• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any love for the Valiant reboot?

634 posts in this topic

Part of me wants to keep my Valiant books and part of me wants to jump ship for two reasons:

1 - They cancelled Eternal Warrior

2 - My LCS forgets to order stuff. I say, order 1 of every Valiant for me. Sometimes he misses an issue and then I have to go hunt it down on eBay which is getting annoying.

Two things that should make you happy.

1 - It isn't canceled. They are taking a break. We should get an update in the next couple of months. Yes it isn't on a regular schedule now, but I am willing to give them time to do what they think is going to deliver the best title possible.

2 - Impulse Creations, Collectors Paradise (huge Valiant fan and supporter)DCBS, etc.

You know how hard it is to break up with your LCS?

Seems so.

According to ICV2, X-O # 25 ranked # 159 on Diamond's chart last month with about 12.5k.

Unity # 7 and Harbinger # 23 both were in the 8,000s, with every other title trailing below 8k.

Shadowman was the weakest, clocking in at only 6,200. :(

Best Dynamite Gold Key book was Dr. Spektor # 1, with 16.5k.

Last month was a bit of an anomaly for X-O, but all the Valiant titles have been pretty close to each-other overall. X-O has always been top 3, but there's been months where Harbinger was really close to it in sales (500-1000).

I'm hoping Rai can maintain higher numbers and bring up the average. The fact the Crain is going to continue on art duties is great news to me!

Hopefully we see an overall boost due to Armor Hunters this summer. :wishluck:

Really? It's probably because I'm behind on my Valiant titles, but the sheer size of the event makes me want to skip it completely.

You know how hard it is to break up with your LCS?

lol Yes, but luckily I have a great LCS. I only use Impulse for an occasional variant. They have been good though and I have had nothing but good experiences with Collector's Paradise when I have used them.

Hopefully we see an overall boost due to Armor Hunters this summer. :wishluck:

Really? It's probably because I'm behind on my Valiant titles, but the sheer size of the event makes me want to skip it completely.

So far it's been good and sounds like we'llk get a new twist on the X-O armor. I think if you get the Armor Hunters mini and the Unity and X-O issues you'll get the majority of the story. Similar to Harbinger Wars where Harbinger and Bloodshot were part of the crossover, but their tie-ins were not necessarily required to enjoy the story.

I think I'm also excited that they are starting to expand the Valiant universe more with new characters.

Part of me wants to keep my Valiant books and part of me wants to jump ship for two reasons:

1 - They cancelled Eternal Warrior

2 - My LCS forgets to order stuff. I say, order 1 of every Valiant for me. Sometimes he misses an issue and then I have to go hunt it down on eBay which is getting annoying.

Two things that should make you happy.

1 - It isn't canceled. They are taking a break. We should get an update in the next couple of months. Yes it isn't on a regular schedule now, but I am willing to give them time to do what they think is going to deliver the best title possible.

2 - Impulse Creations, Collectors Paradise (huge Valiant fan and supporter)DCBS, etc.

1a - Eternal Warrior still appears every month in Unity.

1b - Preliminary art being shown by Cary Nord seems to indicate a new Eternal Warrior related story is in the works - focusing around the time EW knew Aric in AD400.

1c - The story in Eternal Warrior #8 was in the same timeline as Rai... who now has his own book. EW is likely to appear there, too.

Seems so.

According to ICV2, X-O # 25 ranked # 159 on Diamond's chart last month with about 12.5k.

Unity # 7 and Harbinger # 23 both were in the 8,000s, with every other title trailing below 8k.

Shadowman was the weakest, clocking in at only 6,200. :(

Best Dynamite Gold Key book was Dr. Spektor # 1, with 16.5k.

That month, X-O Manowar got a boost because of the Armor Hunters tie in. Usually, X-O Manowar is in the pack with the other titles in the 8,000 range.

Matias Hannecke blog

Some fun quick redesigns done in the little free time I could scrounge up. Magnus Robot Fighter, created by Russ Manning in 1963, is a man who fights rogue robots with his bare hands. Its definitely the most ineffective way to destroy anything mechanical…an idea that I find hilarious/bad .

magnus-robot-fighter-cartoon.jpg

Matias-Hannecke-Magnus-color.png

Matias_Hannecke_MRF_02_small.png

MRF_Snipper_01.png

I'd love to see this become a reality.

Eternal Warrior returns as well for those that haven't see the adds etc.

Sorry if this has been posted, haven't seen anything in here yet.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/exclusive-new-details-for-valiants-wrath-of-the-eternal-warrior-1

Eternal Warrior returns as well for those that haven't see the adds etc.

Sorry if this has been posted, haven't seen anything in here yet.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/exclusive-new-details-for-valiants-wrath-of-the-eternal-warrior-1

The character Eternal Warrior hasn't gone anywhere. He's been around in Unity and various minis and guest appearances in other titles.

Shadowman hasn't been seen anywhere since the End Times mini.

Valiant, on the other hand, averages around 20 ongoings at one time. hm

Valiant has already built up 3 years of stories and is rebooting Eternal Warrior and Shadowman, neither of which are mentioned in this blog.

Valiant is an alternative to Marvel and DC. But they are just an alternative superhero line very similar to Marvel and DC along with all the problems that come with that (revolving creators, summer crossovers, excessive variant covers, etc.)

At least the end of the blog is correct, the reason to buy Valiant books is because of ... movie speculation. lol

It's not really much of a "story," is it? It's basically fanboy squealing. I love Valiant, but there's nothing in particular about this opinion piece that would get me reading if I wasn't already.

And one important bit that was left out: Valiant has not been late with a single new issue since the relaunch. You can expect them in the store when they say they'll be in the store (unless Diamond screws up).