• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many CGC slabbed comics do you own?

54 posts in this topic

"wash the dirt off" he says... geez...

Pedigree schmedigree.....if he doesn't wash the dirt off first then it's left to me to soak in a tub of bleach & water to get it clean....geeeez...I don't need that hassle... tongue.gif

Like you and Lucy...I collect my Joes for ME and not for any profit. I have about 20 CGC Joes graded 9.6-9.8 and one day I want to have all 155 issues in 9.6 or better. Im just having a tough time finding the first 30! Believe it of not, they sell for good money. #1 in a 9.8 will put you out $200+ and if a copy of #21 in a 9.8 ever shows up Im sure it will fetch $500+.

I have about 60 or so, rising all the time though. grin.gif

Storage wise, I keep them in oversized magazine boxes, the CGC boxes I have found to be too flimsy and when you try to lift them with more than around 15 or so slabs, the handles fall off. shocked.gif

So watch out!

60 at last count with more on the way. Mostly key books ff 48, hulk 181 , spiderman #50 stuff like that. I have only bought two that have already been graded. The rest are from my collection of the last 25 yearsthat I sent in.

Like you and Lucy...I collect my Joes for ME and not for any profit.

Exxxxxxxxcccccelent! Now all we have to do is to convert about 20 million other folks to our way of thinking and CGC will have to drop their prices. smile.gif

If I ever run across any of the comics you are looking for (like they are hiding anywhere around here in West Virginia) I'll let you know.

Good luck in your search. smirk.gif

I have about 290 silver/bronze Marvels. All are in my personal collection (except for dupes). They are in Bill Cole CGC-size boxes in a cabinet.

Let's see..at about $25 each, that's $7250 in grading fees. Over $7,000 AND they still told me to shove it when I tried to get them to reholder 3 books that were damaged because of CGC's mistake.

I was almost over that and now they raise prices.

IRRITATING

Let's see..at about $25 each, that's $7250 in grading fees. Over $7,000 AND they still told me to shove it when I tried to get them to reholder 3 books that were damaged because of CGC's mistake.

What exactly happened there? Your comics were actualy damaged because of CGC?! shocked.gif

right now i have 5 cgc 10.0s 22 cgc 9.9s 450 cgc 9.8s 52 cgc 9.6s 45 cgc 9.4s 25 cgc 9.2s 20 cgc 9.0s 1 8.5 2 8.0 2 4.5s i think around 600 and i store mine in the magazine boxes,but im going to have to sell some because im running out of room. confused.gif

Thanks to all the Hepcats who took the time to answer this thread. WOW! Some of you have mucho graded CGC books.... I am intent on building one of the finest Archie CGC collections in the country..... Not to many of these have been graded according to the census... Can I accomplish this? I don't know, but it will be fun trying!!!

Happy Collecting!

Its funny -- for the last 25 years, I've been buying my comics raw. In the last two years, I went mental and had about 250+ books slabbed, and bought about another 350+ on ebay or privately. I have about 180 underground comics graded (60-70's); and about 500 mainstream, mainly from EC, Marvel and DC (some Timely, Atlas, Continental and Superior). I've stopped grading, and buying slabbed. This is a recent decision -- and I was actually going to write a post to the effect of why I've decided against the slab, but it would probably be voiced in a rather angry manner, and I've promised myself to have more fun on these boards. Lets just leave it that I don't slab my comics any longer, nor do I buy slabbed books on ebay, or from anyone privately any longer. Back to buying raw. smile.gif

I was actually going to write a post to the effect of why I've decided against the slab, but it would probably be voiced in a rather angry manner, and I've promised myself to have more fun on these boards.

You CAN'T do that to me...I wanna hear! I wanna hear! I wanna hear! Besides, what could be more fun?!

I currently have 35 of them in my possession but I have graded and sold over 100 of them in the past. Currently, I have one submission in with CGC for 83 books of which 2 of them are for reslabbing. Out of the 83, 79 of them are my books but most of them will be sold once I get them back. I am currently storing them in the official CGC boxes. smile.gif

1 (Uncanny X-Men 205), because it did not sell on ebay. Have sold a total of 5 CGC books, with 4 moderns submitted yesterday, in the mail today. For a really good price I purchased quite a few comic short-boxes from Bill Cole Enterprises that will fit CGC books.

Christopher H.