• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF # 286 KEY ISSUE posted by Ronnylama

5 posts in this topic

ONLY 2 SS books out of nearly 50 universals

I went to ECCC this year and got Kurt Busiek (I also wanted Denny ONeil) to sign this book. Kurt is the man who brought Jean Grey back to life. I just posted it on EBAY to sell but I am reluctant to maybe Comiclink it....any ideas?

13431.jpg

See more journals by Ronnylama

Im confused.

Why have Kurt Busiek (and potentially Denny O'Neil) sign your FF #286?

-script: John Byrne; Chris Claremont

Pencils: John Byrne; Jackson Guice

Inks: Terry Austin; Jackson Guice

Colors: Glynis Oliver

Letters: John Workman

wait I found it!

Writer Kurt Busiek is credited with devising the plot to revive Jean Grey.[14] Busiek, a fan of the original five X-Men, was displeased with the character's death and formulated various storylines that would have met Shooter's rule and allowed the character to return to the X-Men franchise. He eventually shared his storyline idea with fellow writer Roger Stern who mentioned it to Byrne, who was both writing and illustrating the Fantastic Four at the time...

Busiek later found out that his idea had been used thanks to Layton, and he was credited in Fantastic Four #286 and paid for his contributions.

learn something new every day!

(but Im still not sure why Denny O'Neil should sign the book...)

Yes Miraclemet, I stand corrected... I was wrong on the second sig...it was Claremont for the other but I already filled my 30 books so I could not pull it out to add him (plus waiting in line again for him is monstrous time spent)