• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most Sought After Atom Age Comics?

99 posts in this topic

Since we technically don't have a forum specific to the Atom Age, or whatever you prefer to call post WWII, pre-code comics, I'll post my question here.

As my background is primarily Silver & Bronze superhero titles with a little Golden Age DC thrown in for good measure, I'm curious to know what you guys think some of the top Atom Age books are in terms of collectibility and/or importance. I'm looking to make a list of the top 100 or so books from the period, and figured that'd be easier if I could get a bunch of knowledgeable folks to chip in a suggestion or two.

If possible, please avoid generalized groups of comics. While suggesting EC Horror or even Tales from the Crypt is probably accurate, it doesn't really help the purposes of making a top individual books list.

So if interested in contributing, have at it!

I'm anxious to post the results here if I get enough suggestions! (thumbs u

It's just a great greytone cover and a lot of people who don't collect the title want this issue. For anyone who collects DC sci-fi books, this would most likely be very high on their want list.

Ken

It's just a great greytone cover and a lot of people who don't collect the title want this issue. For anyone who collects DC sci-fi books, this would most likely be very high on their want list.

Very high. I've been looking for an ultra-fresh copy for years! :cry:

Sought after is an interesting term here. I know there are some issues that are of high value because of their scarcity, but there may be others that are actually more sought after - but have lower values because there's also more supply.

Anyway, here are some possibilities:

3554c3d2-fb27-49bb-8117-14be45a66629.jpg

blackcat50.jpg

cac75.jpg

1-3.jpg

79474_195947_5.jpg

superman76.jpg

1-1.jpg