• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do I get a CGC signature grade?

43 posts in this topic

Best way to do this is to into the Signature Series forum and go into the Ask CGC section.

Everything is detailed there.

There's no certificate that is allowed by CGC witness/graders

OK so whats a typical book signing with a CGC witness scenario like? I go, get a signature from say Stan Lee, then I have to go pay dues to the witness (how much?) and then do I get a certificate from the CGC witness? or can I just drop the book with him/her to get it certified?

Thanks again, Im clueless with these things!

How can you have a CGC verified witness see the signature if you get the signature before you get a witness???

Get the witness FIRST.

Get the signature IN FRONT OF THE WITNESS.

Go about doing whatever the witness says is next.

-slym

ayiyayayi... Ill just call them in the morn and figure it out

Didn't you already get your answer? (shrug)

No you can't get a sig. series designation without a CGC rep. witnessing the signing.

COA's are not reliable,because they can be faked.

If you do have a signature on a book that is not witnessed you will get a green label.

Pretty simple,cut and dry.

No you can't get a sig. series designation without a CGC rep. witnessing the signing.

If you do have a signature on a book that is not witnessed you will get a green label.

I don't get it...

:D

-slym

I don't get it...

:D

-slym

I understand you not getting it.........you know,the tractor incident......... :baiting:

Here is the process at a show. You go to the CGC table and tell them you have books you want signed by someone. A witness goes with you and witnesses the signature in person. If they don't witness it, it can't be authenticated. At larger shows and more popular artists, I believe you notify them , go wait on line and text them as you get closer. The witness does this at no charge.

Now, to confuse things- there are also people called facilitators who will do all the work for you. They charge. You send them the book, pay them and in six months you get your book returned in a signature Series slab. Their fees differ. Desert Wind is a well known company that does this. Their website is pretty simple to follow.. google them.

So you can do it yourself for free or pay someone to do it for you.

If the witness does not see the signing, it can't be signature series material.

That help?

I don't think you pay a witness. Never done it though and if you do, it's not a lot since boardies charge a tenner to pick up and sub at shows on top of CGC fees and any sig fees from the signer. You just pay the SS CGC fees and whatever the sig costs.

Thanks shadroch and everyone else!

I don't know if I'll ever get to do it, even though I would've killed to get Stan Lee to sign my Hulk 181 and GSXmens

What's keeping you from doing it?

I personally think getting Stan's signature for Signature Series is much more cut and dry than going directly through CGC because it goes through DesertWind. Pay for Stan's signature, fill out the CGC form at the DesertWind table at Stan's signing. Pay for the grading service. Wait 3/4 of a year to get your books back.