• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Game of Thrones

155 posts in this topic

Looking for the perfect comic cover to get signed by George R.R. Martin in the upcoming Sig Series group opp.

So which cover/version would you guys recommend for getting his sig on it?

Issue 1 Ross cover is pretty good.

Issue 7 features two of the more prominent characters, Tyrion and Jon. I would use one if these if I don't already have one signed by Dinklage.

Issue 6 has a cool Dany cover

Issue 10 Tyrion fighting in the Vale

Issue 13 either cover, Jon on his horse or the Tower of Joy cover.

1, 6 and 7 have virgin covers available if you can find them.

So for those who watch the show, but haven't read the books, who are your top three favorite characters so far?

Mine are:

1) John Snow

2) Tyrion Lannister

3) Arya Stark

I like watching scenes with Daenerys, but she's not on my top three. I'm also, starting to like Jamie Lannister, because he's more noble than anyone thinks.

Ditto to all you listed. I have to throw in the Hound as one of my fav's as well.

So for those who watch the show, but haven't read the books, who are your top three favorite characters so far?

Mine are:

1) John Snow

2) Tyrion Lannister

3) Arya Stark

I like watching scenes with Daenerys, but she's not on my top three. I'm also, starting to like Jamie Lannister, because he's more noble than anyone thinks.

Ditto to all you listed. I have to throw in the Hound as one of my fav's as well.

Yeah, Sandor Clegane aka the Hound is pretty cool too. Just don't scream "FIRE!" around him. lol

Where and when is the SS opp for G.R.R. Martin?

Rich Henn is running it, sadly he only had 10 spots and they filled up quicker than you can wipe out a room full of Starks.

:insane:

lol.. but :frustrated: spewing that i missed it. I would LOOOOOVE to have a GoT SS!! :(

Guys, if you haven't read the books - I strongly encourage you to do so. They are easy to read... and, IMO, better than the show as there are more characters and events in detail that the show couldn't possibly hope to try and introduce and stay within budget.

Season 1 of the show is very, very close to Book 1.

Season 2 glosses over some things a bit quickly for my liking.

Book 3 is one of the best reads of my life.

Book 4 gets a little slow in parts, but overall unreal.

Book 5 is great.

Great books - Don't have HBO but have caught quite a few episodes of the show...the willingness to knock of characters really is a key ingredient - that and the appeal to basic needs (food, sex).

My older son devoured all the books as well (he was ~14)

I enjoy the books so much I have a CAF gallery with some GOT original covers in - had 4 and 6 signed by RR already in San Diego - need to rescan those to show sig.

http://cafurl.com?i=18528

Mark

I like #5 lots of characters...

Looking for the perfect comic cover to get signed by George R.R. Martin in the upcoming Sig Series group opp.

So which cover/version would you guys recommend for getting his sig on it?

Issue 1 Ross cover is pretty good.

Issue 7 features two of the more prominent characters, Tyrion and Jon. I would use one if these if I don't already have one signed by Dinklage.

Issue 6 has a cool Dany cover

Issue 10 Tyrion fighting in the Vale

Issue 13 either cover, Jon on his horse or the Tower of Joy cover.

1, 6 and 7 have virgin covers available if you can find them.

I have been slowly reading the first book, but am not the reader I used to be. I must say though, it is very easy to read and I can see myself reading the whole series in my lifetime.

If you take five years to read each one, you might find the last book ready and waiting for you when you get there.

Where and when is the SS opp for G.R.R. Martin?

Rich Henn is running it, sadly he only had 10 spots and they filled up quicker than you can wipe out a room full of Starks.

:insane:

lol.. but :frustrated: spewing that i missed it. I would LOOOOOVE to have a GoT SS!! :(

Guys, if you haven't read the books - I strongly encourage you to do so. They are easy to read... and, IMO, better than the show as there are more characters and events in detail that the show couldn't possibly hope to try and introduce and stay within budget.

Season 1 of the show is very, very close to Book 1.

Season 2 glosses over some things a bit quickly for my liking.

Book 3 is one of the best reads of my life.

Book 4 gets a little slow in parts, but overall unreal.

Book 5 is great.

I started the books after season 1. I loved the first book and I'd agree it was an easy read. My issue: they drag on and on. The second was just tedious. The books are also monstrous. I made it through about half of the second before I just kind of ran out of steam.

I'd love to read them as I've heard they are a blast, but I just don't think I'd have the time.