• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery Tales #40 that just sold on eBay...

28 posts in this topic

And.... item no longer available. :tonofbricks:

First there's a non-paying bidder, then the seller relists and abruptly ends an auction that has numerous bids from legitimate bidders. Something stinks.

...... the non paying bidder, after returning from a Venusian vacation ( no internet) contacted him and paid, forcing seller to end the SECOND auction early (shrug) GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It could be a simple matter of the high bidder getting carried away and wanting to "win" without having the funds to follow through.
Extremely likely that that's it. A thrill bidder.

People who do that suuuuuuucccccckkkkkk.

Here is the current auction .

Looking at the bidders in the previous auction , if it had not been for the "thrill bidder" snipe, the comic would have sold for the next increment over $600. (Actually, that's not necessarily true -- there might have been other snipes that didn't go through because they had already been outbid by the highest snipe.)

Two of the highest legitimate-looking bidders in the previous auction have already placed bids in this one.

With the thrill bidder presumably blocked there's only going to be one winner of this auction.

Thank you for the tautology .

I meant that the usual suspect will win. Could've phrased that better, certainly. doh!

I could have interpreted better!

First there's a non-paying bidder, then the seller relists and abruptly ends an auction that has numerous bids from legitimate bidders. Something stinks.

...... the non paying bidder, after returning from a Venusian vacation ( no internet) contacted him and paid, forcing seller to end the SECOND auction early (shrug) GOD BLESS....

Well, obviously!

That's good to know, thanks for the update (yeah, this is a delayed-response here).

I saw that a VG-level copy of Mystery Tales #40 sold the other day for about $1,150. I think this was about 1 or 2 weeks ago.

That's good to know, thanks for the update (yeah, this is a delayed-response here).

I saw that a VG-level copy of Mystery Tales #40 sold the other day for about $1,150. I think this was about 1 or 2 weeks ago.

Which planet was your vacation on?

Which planet was your vacation on?

Phobos. I was with some Leather Goddesses.