• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Superhero has the best stories over their lifetime

52 posts in this topic

For me, the original Justice Society (All Star) from the GA gets first place.

After that, I am partial to Batman, and the GA Flash and the GA Green Lantern.

doh! You serious clark? Yeah, I love his old costume, but I couldn't even make it through the first couple of issues.

Everyone keeps saying Daredevil. I may have to add him to my queue.

For me, the original Justice Society (All Star) from the GA gets first place.

After that, I am partial to Batman, and the GA Flash and the GA Green Lantern.

If we're talking Golden Age, a good choice would be The Spirit.

Here's what I think has the best stories in comic books:

X-Men

Batman

Swamp Thing

Wolverine

Superman

Spider-Man (before the clone saga)

Green Lantern

With Wolverine being in the middle this must not be in any particular order.

I know who the most popular superheros are, but which ones really have the best stories.

We all like our own different heroes for different reasons, but what who do you think had the best stories and why. Looking for characters that had lots of great story lines, not just a couple good ones.

Also if you don't mind naming some of the best out of that characters run that would be great too.

Doesn't have to be a single superhero, teams like the X-Men work too.

I like the punisher frank castle. It's the classic story of vengeance and getting back at those who killed his family and killing all the ones who need to be dealt with by someone like the punisher, he's the classic bad arse. What's not to like? I like caps story line as well.

Daredevil is getting alot of love. I've never really read him. I better check some stuff out.

Don't know if I should start with the miller run and be let down from there...

Just make sure you check out the art of the Bendis/Brubaker run before you spend money on the books. Although some people say they love the art by Lark and Maleev, I thought it was terrible. Just horrible, the writing was the only reason I stayed.

I think everyone has it right here with Daredevil having the best stories. Every time I poke my head into any of his series it is just pure gold. Hell, all of Volume 3 and 80% of Vol 2 are some of the best written stuff i've ever read and i've never collected his stuff (Collected Iron Man but would never say he had anywhere close to the writing DD has)

I would also say Constantine is a decent choice (Hellblazer series, not the new 52)