• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some tough GA books for sale

34 posts in this topic

Just one book. A very attractive CGC 8.0. No probationary members, house of shame members or any other people of ill repute. Book was pressed. Price includes shipping within North America. Inquire outside of NA. I may not be able to ship until next week. SOLD

I would have bought this a while back had I not tied my money up in another book. Why hasn't anyone jumped on this? :ohnoez: You cant beat the price!!!

Agreed, great price, I just got my OW 8.0 for the same price and thought it was a GREAT deal. If I had only held out another 24 hours:(

Relisting this one in case anyone is interested.

Daredevil #10. Typically a tough book in the run, this copy has 9.4/9.6 front cover eye appeal but a back cover crease (dog ear, lower left corner about 1.5" long - hard to see in the scan) keeps the grade down into the 8.5 range (maybe 9.0 on a good day). A very attractive copy for the grade. Asking $90 shipped.

Dardevil10front.jpg

Daredevil10back.jpg

Skyman #2 (1942). Attractive lower grade copy of a tough book. There are 8 graded by CGC in total. Also tough to price. There was a CGC 6.5 sale for $450 in 2011, which is about 2.5 times guide. This is an attractive lower grade copy with a spine split, leading into a tear in the front cover. Single staple is still attached. Pages are COW at worst. Technical grade is probably 3.5. Asking $350.

Skyman2.jpg

Skyman2back.jpg

Wonder Woman #96 8.0/8.5

A very tough book from a tough era. This book has a slight dust shadow on the top edge with some minor wear and a very light water spot on the back cover that won't really show up in the scan. Checking the census, there are only 8 graded copies of this book, with the highest graded being an 8.5 and a sale at $950 in 2008. Surrounding issues show similar census numbers but issues that have no copies above the VF range show aggressive prices. For example a #98 CGC 8.0 (highest graded) just sold for $1000 making this book tough to price. I'd be willing to guarantee at least a VF 8.0 grade from CGC although I think 8.5 is more likely. Asking price is $800.

WonderWoman96.jpg

WonderWoman96back.jpg

All American Men Of War #2 (1st issue 1952) 8.0/8.5

Another really tough book with only a single, graded 8.0 and 8.5 at the top two spots. I'm sure this book would be up there among those two. If it doesn't sell, I'll be submitting it. A few light stresses, some light surface wear. Overall a nice, clean looking copy of a tough book in grade. Heritage sold a graded 8.0 in May 2005 for $374 and this copy presents much nicer than that one. Asking $750.

AAMoW2.jpg

AAMoW2back.jpg