• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Doctor Strange #164

20 posts in this topic

7.5/8.0

What are you seeing that would take you under 6.0 Mmanick? :shrug:

Creases,spine ticks, non white pages, small bends on the corners and the spine has one part in particular that looks banged up. I've had some in similar condition that I couldn't give a grade over a six.

7.5/8.0

Creases,spine ticks, non white pages, small bends on the corners and the spine has one part in particular that looks banged up. I've had some in similar condition that I couldn't give a grade over a six.

The book has too many nice qualities to drop it below a 6.0. You have to see the good qualities with the bad. :-D

7.5/8.0

The book has too many nice qualities to drop it below a 6.0. You have to see the good qualities with the bad. :-D

I agree with you there but that marvel premiere 15 I had was nice, colorful ow/w pages and that was kinda similar and I had a few peeps give me a 5.5/6

Ok lets compare why this book is better...the iron fist you speak of has a very bad corner on the bottom FC. That alone would bring it down. It has a tiny tear in a black spot which also makes it present worse.

This one has much nicer corners and most of the wear is very muted and toward the spine. This also has no tiny tears that are noticeably visible like yours. Your book is also bronze age and this is silver. I know. That's unfair. Hope that helps!

Ok lets compare why this book is better...the iron fist you speak of has a very bad corner on the bottom FC. That alone would bring it down. It has a tiny tear in a black spot which also makes it present worse.

This one has much nicer corners and most of the wear is very muted and toward the spine. This also has no tiny tears that are noticeably visible like yours. Your book is also bronze age and this is silver. I know. That's unfair. Hope that helps!

Thanks, it helps. Don't know if I can agree on the corners being to much better? Very muted on the spine how about that thing by the bottom staple?

Thanks, it helps. Don't know if I can agree on the corners being to much better? Very muted on the spine how about that thing by the bottom staple?

Your book's corner hides with the way the cover folds but the two overlapping dog ear creases are worse than this books one light one.

Take this book

-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STRANGE-TALES-155-CGC-6-5-STAN-LEE-SIGNATURE-SERIES-GRADED-CGC-1116994017-/271082459424?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3f1dc61120#ht_2111wt_706

The book posted in this thread looks a lot better to me than this ebay one.

Your book's corner hides with the way the cover folds but the two overlapping dog ear creases are worse than this books one light one.

Take this book

-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STRANGE-TALES-155-CGC-6-5-STAN-LEE-SIGNATURE-SERIES-GRADED-CGC-1116994017-/271082459424?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3f1dc61120#ht_2111wt_706

The book posted in this thread looks a lot better to me than this ebay one.

Opinions differ just sayin.....we're going to have to agree to disagree

1/4" crease top right FC corner. At least 8 spine tics FC. Moderate staple stress bottom FC. Some type of color loss about 1" to the right of MCG lower left FC. About an inch and 1/2 vertical crease along the lower right edge FC (finger/thumb crease?). A light 1/2" crease top right BC corner. CB spine tics BC. A light 1" crease top left FC corner. Light wear along the BC spine. Dirty BC spine.

5.5-6.0

I have to ask. The top edge looks longer than the bottom edge. It could be a miscut, but in relation to all the other corners front and back, the lower left BC corner looks very sharp and straight. Is it possible this was trimmed?