• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Subject is Mods & Moderation on the CGC Boards

451 posts in this topic

paperheart - strike

ComicParadox - strike

comicparadox - strike (must be ComicParadox's little brother)

toyman - strike

CBT - Strike

stanley1883 (strike, but not noted)

yonico - strike

CR - strike

stanley1883 - strike

Where's the 10th?

Hey, I was pretty close! lol

I know I didn't notice all those "sales promotional" threads you mentioned. You are correct of course, but I never noticed them. My guess is, lots of other people didn't either, but the louder attention loving people...well, when you like attention and you wave your hands all over the place, or as a friend mentioned, "hang over the side of the school bus throwing spitballs" someone is bound to notice.

You're right. If you are starting a thread just to bust onions, the pain will most probably come your way. And that is more of what is going on than someone like Rupp plugging for free advertising. He is one of those shooting the spitballs - wearing the Snoopy lampshade on his head for added effect - while meanwhile trying to make you laugh along with him. But then you find yourself covered in the spitballs at times.

But these other threads that have included recognizing someone's pressing service have come up more than once. Yet those concerned with Rupp's posts never had a thing to say about those threads.

paperheart - strike

ComicParadox - strike

comicparadox - strike (must be ComicParadox's little brother)

toyman - strike

CBT - Strike

stanley1883 (strike, but not noted)

yonico - strike

CR - strike

stanley1883 - strike

Where's the 10th?

Hey, I was pretty close! lol

lol

:foryou:

I was being too literal.

I have no idea how many threads are started per week in CG or if there is a way to tell. I looked back at my own started threads and I had 6 in a year and most were BD threads or Charity stuff. I looked at the lists of two of the upset people and there were that many in a month.

I don't think anyone thinks that CGC has a whole cadre of mods on payroll ft. If you look at the list, does anyone really think that Matt Nelson or Harshen are montoring the threads all day? It's a business, this chatboard is a small part of CGC.

When Arch wrote in the thread he started, the one that prompted this thread, he mentioned not being able to read all the posts. There are a lot of members here. not all of them start threads of course, but if you multiply the ones that do, it would create a lot of reading work for the Mods. I believe Arch also mentioned that they needed the "help" from people hitting the mod button.

I think lots of people don't want to hit that button. I know I have to think about it quite a long time before I do, and it's usually for something so outrageous that someone else got there first.

Most probably, the posters who inspire the most hits" are the ones who are most often acting out in front of the class.

I know I didn't notice all those "sales promotional" threads you mentioned. You are correct of course, but I never noticed them. My guess is, lots of other people didn't either, but the louder attention loving people...well, when you like attention and you wave your hands all over the place, or as a friend mentioned, "hang over the side of the school bus throwing spitballs" someone is bound to notice.

There are lots of new posters, I don't know them all, but I have been familiar with the names of every one who got a strike. There is a reason for that. They are in front of the class and more outgoing.

I have never even thought about hitting that button. I have always thought about the freedom of speech, even if it has a little butthurt.

You're right. If you are starting a thread just to bust onions, the pain will most probably come your way. And that is more of what is going on than someone like Rupp plugging for free advertising. He is one of those shooting the spitballs - wearing the Snoopy lampshade on his head for added effect - while meanwhile trying to make you laugh along with him. But then you find yourself covered in the spitballs at times.

But these other threads that have included recognizing someone's pressing service have come up more than once. Yet those concerned with Rupp's posts never had a thing to say about those threads.

Well, I don't know who started the other threads, but I DO know Michael, I've bought from him and I've sold to him...and when I see his name it I'm usually curious about what he's posting, so I read his threads. Not so much EVERY other person's threads, there are too many. My guess is I'm not the only one who recognizes Rupp..

Well, I don't know who started the other threads, but I DO know Michael, I've bought from him and I've sold to him...and when I see his name it I'm usually curious about what he's posting, so I read his threads. Not so much EVERY other person's threads, there are too many. My guess is I'm not the only one who recognizes Rupp..

lol

Yes. He sure can attract attention. Sometimes not always the best attention.

:ohnoez:

lol

Yes. He sure can attract attention. Sometimes not always the best attention.

:ohnoez:

My bet is that if I started using scatalogical references in my sales threads, I'd have people hitting buttons, too, lol.

After they picked themselves off the floor.

You two talking about me :grin:

We should all get Claudio and discuss it over dinner :foryou:

See what I mean?

7869595-expressive-man-with-switch-in-head.jpg

The "OFF" switch just does not work on this puppy.

Hey... I didn't put the hearts up did I ?

Nick... you summed it up best when you posted months ago about people posting in another's thread that obviously don't like the person whose thread they're posting in.

Any point I have to make is going to get muddled when the haters start in.

Those certain individuals (aka TROLLS) that can't stand me on the boards, just always seem to chime in... I wonder why? They all have the same opinion too.

The point STILL being that I used the same wordage, in EACH and EVERY sales thread for almost THREE YEARS. Literally cut and pasted the title page from sale to sale... and now that same wordage is an issue.

How can my thread be confused with "advertising" when every thread was closed and nothing for sale?

hm

See what I mean?

Nick... you summed it up best when you posted months ago about people posting in another's thread that obviously don't like the person whose thread they're posting in.

Just 'cuz you started it don't make it your thread.

See what I mean?

This is true... BUT if you don't like me... or said thread has absolutely nothing to do with you... or said thread has no meaning to you other than to pick at the OP... then why post in it. (shrug)

See what I mean?

This is true... BUT if you don't like me... or said thread has absolutely nothing to do with you... or said thread has no meaning to you other than to pick at the OP... then why post in it. (shrug)

'Cuz it's my message board as much as any of ours, and I can use it to entertain myself however I see fit, until I get strikes?

See what I mean?

'Cuz it's my message board as much as any of ours, and I can use it to entertain myself however I see fit, until I get strikes?

Can't argue with that lol

Rock on Speedy... rock on :headbang:

Its kinda like when we were in the Probation Thread giving LD the smallest of props for not totally ripping off another boardie and making the attempt and we were slapped down.

You summed it up best when you stated "it could have been a whole lot worse" ... (worship)

Buncha whiny little Lord Fauntelroys.

Is Rupp on a pseudo thread creating meltdown, probably. Is he one if the most entertaining and nice guys on these boards, absolutely. What do I care if he advertises Clooneythons in the process. He did it after it was finished and I'd rather see Clooneython whored out than yet another overpriced or overhyped modern sales thread.

Also, passive aggressiveness is this boards middle name, which is most recently displayed in a passive aggressive thread created to criticize passive aggressiveness.

Lastly, the mods need to be much more heavy handed. I have yet to disagree with a strike. I actually love the Kafkaesque paranoia that's pervading the boards, stirring feelings of despair and desperation, sprinkled with a healthy dose of schadenfraude.

Is Rupp on a pseudo thread creating meltdown, probably. Is he one if the most entertaining and nice guys on these boards, absolutely. What do I care if he advertises Clooneythons in the process. He did it after it was finished and I'd rather see Clooneython whored out than yet another overpriced or overhyped modern sales thread.

Also, passive aggressiveness is this boards middle name, which is most recently displayed in a passive aggressive thread created to criticize passive aggressiveness.

Lastly, the mods need to be much more heavy handed. I have yet to disagree with a strike. I actually love the Kafkaesque paranoia that's pervading the boards, stirring feelings of despair and desperation, sprinkled with a healthy dose of schadenfraude.

I know you would have disagreed with my wrist slap. :angel:

You got one? When was this?

December or something like that. I see you really missed me! :cry:

December or something like that. I see you really missed me! :cry:

Awwwwwww.

:foryou:

We started a PM over it, hoping you were doing well. But then we all agreed it was a PM, not to be shared.

;)

You may be right Mike...

My threads/posts about...

1) the false advertising of "scratch made" food,

2) the Mystery Machine,

3) 1.25 lt Diet Cokes and the health issues possible from drinking them,

4) the proper cut method of a Marvel Value Stamp,

5) true love from across the ocean (with large pumping hearts & backing vocals by David Cassidy)

6) Old wordage vs new wordage in relation to current moderation standards

...all definitely show a man on the edge... ready to crack at any second :insane: