• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We collect but what do we HOARD?

118 posts in this topic

Yes!

And don't tell anyone I told you this, but apple jelly is better than grape on a PB&J.

;)

We must be living on different planets. Here in Italy I think very few people put jelly outside of pastry or cakes… :D

Just slap some tomato sauce on it,and it's all good. (thumbs u

At one time or another out here, peanut butter is the staple of a bachelor's diet- with or without jelly.

Believe me, I think I almost puked when I ate a small sandwich with it when I came to California. :sick:

I expected it to be delicious, as I love Peanuts, but it wasn’t so…

Do you like Nutella? That was big in my house growing up. In fact I didn't try PB&J until my early teens, at a friend's house, and have been eating it since.

It definitely depends on the brand. I don't like sweet peanut butter either, unless it's the jelly or honey that's doing it. Sometimes I prefer PB toast with my morning coffee, chasing the salty with the sweet.

Oh.

Comic book.

There, the thread is still relevant.

In Disneyland I think I bought an hamburger where the peanut butter was definitely the best, more edible part… :sick: (I recall it was the fast food within the Pinocchio attraction).

I just had a hamburger with peanut butter at The XXX in West Lafayette, IN on Friday. Not something I'd eat everyday or order every time I'm there, but it was pretty good. The waitress told me and the guy I was with that many of the people that come in there order it to at least try it.

I used to like Nutella, but not much now.

The problem with Peanut butter is that I did expect it to taste like peanuts… i.e. not much sweet, and a bit salty, while it doesn’t… lol

It was probably Skippy or some other gross sweetened hydrogenated brand. What's usually sold as "natural" peanut butter isn't sweetened and has to be stirred up as the peanut oil will separate over time (unhydrogenated) - it comes salted and unsalted, and smooth and chunky style.

My default late night snack - unsalted unsweetened unhydrogenated chunky peanut butter and unsalted butter on toasted buttermilk bread. :cloud9:

I used to like Nutella, but not much now.

The problem with Peanut butter is that I did expect it to taste like peanuts… i.e. not much sweet, and a bit salty, while it doesn’t… lol

It was probably Skippy or some other gross sweetened hydrogenated brand. What's usually sold as "natural" peanut butter isn't sweetened and has to be stirred up as the peanut oil will separate over time (unhydrogenated) - it comes salted and unsalted, and smooth and chunky style.

My default late night snack - unsalted unsweetened unhydrogenated chunky peanut butter and unsalted butter on toasted buttermilk bread. :cloud9:

Nutella is good, Reese's peanut butter is also good.

Neither compare with the nectar that is Dulce De Leche (from Argentina or Uruguay).

I have an unreasonable amount of Amethyst, Princess of Gemword #1 (May, 1983), and D.P. 7 #1 (November, 1986), 7 copies and 10 copies, respectively. Only one in each group might qualify as near mint, since I'm not hoarding slabbed copies. Last I checked, there isn't even a D.P. 7 #1 slabbed.

The most difficult and rare are the Turkish Editions. The numbered Turkish were free giveaways in the local Turkish newspaper printing and contained 8 pages each.

8 ÖRÜMCEK ADAM 1 #N(Turkey)

9 ÖRÜMCEK ADAM 1 #1(Turkey)

10 ÖRÜMCEK ADAM 1 #2(Turkey)

11 ÖRÜMCEK ADAM 1 #3(Turkey)

C360_2013-05-05-16-55-55_zps8648bbc1.jpg

So, the 'N' variant collects all three of the numbered ones, correct?